NEED HELP!!! ---> Lightning Spectral Throw Scion

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

This is my first time posting here to the forums, so I am hoping that this post will gets lots of helpful replies. ^.^

I have been want to make a Lightning type Spectral Throw Scion that utilizes Herald of Thunder. But with every attempt I seem to fall short and both offence and defense. I am not sure if it's just because I am not using the right gear, using my passive skill tree right, a combination of both, or something that I am not aware of.

To start, I would love the build to utilize a one handed sword and a shield. I would like to use Tempest Shield if at all possible, but if that is not recommended as per getting the intended result, I will listen. I have an Alphas Howl waiting to use so I suppose that would be a win. I would also like to get my hands on a pair of Thunder Fists gloves. I want to put the spectral throw in a 6L suit and i am thinking that a rare suit would be the best. I just need to know what type of rolls that i should be looking for when getting one. I am not sure what to do about boots, so I hope that you can help me with that. I would like to get a Doryanni's Invitation Lightning Type Heavy Belt. I Have never really had too much luck getting my hands an a bad ass set of rings/amulet, so some help there would be greatly appreciated.

SKILL GEMS!!! ^.^ Like I said I want u use Herald of Thunder Supported my Increased Area of Effect for starters and any other support gems that you may recommend. I would also like to use Tempest Shield if at all possible for extra block chance with lightning damage to those who hit me. I would like to use a Vaal Storm Call (supported with Increased Area of Effect, Increased Duration, and Spell Echo) because, for one, a regular storm call is amazing, and Vaal Storm Call only need a few souls to activate so I would like to think that I could use that quite often. I want to Support the Spectral Throw with Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles, Faster attacks, Added Lightning Damage, and Life Gain on Hit at the least. I would also like to use Vaal Spark supported by Spell Echo because that would be scary awesome, and any other support gems you would recommend. I also want to use Lightning Warp supported with Reduced Duration and Faster Casting (this would be more for moving around the environment rather than combat).

Now I don't want to presume that I know what i am doing regarding Skill Gems and armor. This is what I am making this post for. I want input on the ideas that I have come up with so far. But the biggest problem I am having is what to do with the skill tree. I know that i need to go for Projectile Damage and Elemental Damage for the essence of the basic fighting style of the build, but every time i get a Scion to Merciless... well lets just say I don't do that well... T.T

So, that is what I have so far in my head. PLEASE HELP!!! If you have any question for me PLEASE ASK!!! Links to skill tree suggestions would be absolutely amazing!

THANK YOU!!! ^.^
Last edited by Skaye4813 on Nov 17, 2014, 10:48:08 PM
If you want to make an elemental ST build you should have a look at mathil's elemental buzzsaw and velvet's elemental buzzsaw guides.

As for your plans:
1) Don't link Heralds to anything with a mana multiplier. Really bad idea.
2) This being an attack, not a spell build i would not use Vaal spells but rather something like vaal haste as that would complement your main attack while Vaal spells would be unsupported by your tree/auras and probably be a bit lackluster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info