Flame totem build idea with avatar of fire, viable ?

So I have been playing around with the idea of using: flame totem, faster casting, added cold damage, added lightning damage, fire penetration, gmp.

Build would use bloodmagic and could start witch or marauder.

It would use avatar of fire and herald of thunder and ice auras.

Here is a first draft skill tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQTjn1W1Jy-eze8OpzC8nxRxFCD469-_A8ZQR-oYSsQlvAYOGJH3MnhpY_1yqfauCfasqlnzJ-0qE8Aa_EvE9lorkFVmnmwWPC0sp6eE-tKvjYcZxq6j8ho4Fy8dFDbpEMy3PmTnj0bjaiu2_gpV1puhjEbyRdi9gKT313gv-JM64TWSrJg5UqZX_o_xbDpYEQ-8N03jNthVxn6vTC1YB0kbg9uNGRdUKo0EB-ASjjzsVR8C2V9WSjI03Yyeoa-3IoGHZRBYr5ssnEmyAuMHpYIQ37B2EQ==

It can reduce couple of points, depending if you roll with witch or marauder.

Some questions.

How does increased lightning/cold dmg % on tree interacts with avatar of fire and increased fire damage % nodes?

Does it calculate for example, cold damage % nodes first then convert 50% to fire and then add elemental/fire/spell damage to the final fire damage flame totem will do ?

If someone has some currency and high level added cold and lightning gems + some regret orbs to waste, would be nice to know some numbers if you use this tree + auras and compare it in depth to normal flame totem, faster casting, faster projectiles, fire penetration, added chaos, gmp setup.

I would try it myself, but dont have a level 85-90 marauder/witch and dont have a lot of currency, since I have been on a 1 year break from poe.

Not sure how accurate the flame totem tooltip dps is so it would be best to test kill speed on high hp bosses like hillock/piety?

Not sure if the 12-15 point investement is worth it, depends on the dps increase I guess.

Thanks for answers up front everybody.
Last edited by Filinomen on Jun 14, 2019, 1:02:39 PM
Yea, lose a lot of block nodes to go that much damage and its 50%. Cold to fire was something I was thinking off, will try it in the new league, once I have a 5/6 link.

Will be interesting to make a new build in the next league. Templar is updated then, so it could offer some alternative routes to take. Probly just make a normal flame totem with totem nodes, fire nodes, some spell damage/elemental damage/cast speed nodes and ofc alot of life and block nodes.

If I hit high 80, will test out cold to fire. Dont think three dragons is viable in high maps, but could be decent in lower level zones.

Thanks for your imput, will update once I have some data from the new league or maybe when we have the new tree :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info