Currency Farming

As title suggests, Ive noticed the best (non trading) ways to get currency in this game is either farm high level maps or farm dominus. But which do you guys think its better? For high level maps you can get reaaaally high IIQ that can increase your chances of currency dropping. For dominus you can wear MF gear for extremely high IIR but relatively lower IIQ, but you get consistent alts from vendoring rares.

Thoughts?
"
BlackPie wrote:
As title suggests, Ive noticed the best (non trading) ways to get currency in this game is either farm high level maps or farm dominus. But which do you guys think its better? For high level maps you can get reaaaally high IIQ that can increase your chances of currency dropping. For dominus you can wear MF gear for extremely high IIR but relatively lower IIQ, but you get consistent alts from vendoring rares.

Thoughts?

Actually, its by trading. Buy low and sell high.
Seriously, I'm not kidding.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
"
"
BlackPie wrote:

Thoughts?

Actually, its by trading. Buy low and sell high.
Seriously, I'm not kidding.

The best non-trading way to make currency is by trading!

I much prefer running high maps over farming Dominus. Not sure which is more efficient, but I get bored WAY faster doing Dom runs over and over.
"
Anesthetize34 wrote:

I much prefer running high maps over farming Dominus. Not sure which is more efficient, but I get bored WAY faster doing Dom runs over and over.

Agreed, and I don't think solo Dom farming is much better than solo mapping. It is better in my experience but not enough to overcome the boring repetitiveness. And you don't need to run high maps for currency drops, any area lvl 66 or up is going to drop currency the same (before quantity) and rares vendor the same no matter ilvl. Truth be told, if you are slow at clearing 76 maps and fast at clearing 66, you will make more currency running 66 maps by a long shot. Unless you get a lucky map only drop but, I wouldn't base farming technique off winning the lottery.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Truth be told, if you are slow at clearing 76 maps and fast at clearing 66, you will make more currency running 66 maps by a long shot.

This.
As said, above area level 66 the currency drop penalty is gone. So its either areas with huge amount of monsters with a LOW drop rarity (less rares means potentially more currency), or with an increased quantity. From a) I'd say Catacombs should be better, currency-wise, than Sceptre, and b) gives that 66' maps with high rolls are more efficient than high maps with low affixes.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Truth be told, if you are slow at clearing 76 maps and fast at clearing 66, you will make more currency running 66 maps by a long shot.

Very true. I used to run Catacombs all the time for the clear speed (it made me far more than Piety farming). Dominus farming might be best, but farming in general is soooo boring. Mapping is where it's at. Mapping may not be the most efficient way to simply earn currency, but you can level up while you're at it and it's slightly less tedious since there's more variation.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I like all the maps because the variety keeps me from numbing over in boredom, I also grind docks for Sac sets to sell. I can understand their points though, 66 maps are generally much larger than any instance and are relatively easy to clear at a fast speed and there is always a boss which will drop lots of items. But all the other loot will be vendoring trash and the rares you get will have no T1 due to low ilvl.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info