Mjölner mechanics - socketed casting spell priority/order - GGG answer please

Hi,

I know that CWDT gem casts spells within an order depending on where they are socketed on an item.

So i'd like to know if there's a priority or an order when Mjölner casts 2 or 3 spells on hit, as CWDT does.

Thanks in advance to answer this question if you have the time for it.

Regards,
Funsy.
► Shop ◄ Mirror service • Gear • Maps • Gems • Legacy ■ thread/545555
Last edited by Funsy on Nov 13, 2014, 12:12:34 PM
Hi, I just finished reading your build guide, actually.

I don't think we need an official GGG reply on this because we can figure it out.

With a 20q arc and lightning strike you can tell if arc is hitting before another skill like shock nova.
Try different orders of gems, and if arc is ever hitting first it will eventually shock and cause nova to deal more damage, if the damage is inconsistent when mobs are shocked then there is a sort of order to their casting.
Hey,

It would be nice to be sure about it and get an official reply from GGG.

Anyway, i tested different socketed orders with same gems, in this socket order: top left, then top right, then botom right.
The 2 different setups are:
1/ life leech, arc 21/20 and discharge 21/20
2/ life leech, discharge 21/20 and arc 21/20

After many runs in Apex of Sacrifice, i feel i'm dealing more dmg with setup 1 than with setup 2, especially against bosses:
- with setup 1, i kill the first Vaal before he goes underground most of the time
- with setup 2, i never managed to kill Vaal before he goes underground
Then that indicates there is an order. We can only get a confirmation from GGG now, then.

Mjolner's wording could also be ambiguous or misleading.
"
Funsy wrote:
Hey,

It would be nice to be sure about it and get an official reply from GGG.

Anyway, i tested different socketed orders with same gems, in this socket order: top left, then top right, then botom right.
The 2 different setups are:
1/ life leech, arc 21/20 and discharge 21/20
2/ life leech, discharge 21/20 and arc 21/20

After many runs in Apex of Sacrifice, i feel i'm dealing more dmg with setup 1 than with setup 2, especially against bosses:
- with setup 1, i kill the first Vaal before he goes underground most of the time
- with setup 2, i never managed to kill Vaal before he goes underground

I just did few more testings with the same base as previous. I just changed of character and took the CRIT variant:
- with setup 1, i sometimes kill the first Vaal before he goes underground
- with setup 2, i ALWAYS kill the first Vaal before he goes underground and i jump into the 2nd Vaal before it appears
Testing is easy.

Socket [Arc - PCoC - Discharge]. Make sure you have no other sources of charges going.

Swap the order [Discharge - PCoC - Arc].

One of these will have Arc produce a power charge in time for Discharge to cast.

The order is probably the same as trigger gem order though, which has been tested and confirmed to start in the top left and follow the linked path down to the end.
"
elboyo wrote:
Testing is easy.

Socket [Arc - PCoC - Discharge]. Make sure you have no other sources of charges going.

Swap the order [Discharge - PCoC - Arc].

One of these will have Arc produce a power charge in time for Discharge to cast.

The order is probably the same as trigger gem order though, which has been tested and confirmed to start in the top left and follow the linked path down to the end.

I took my crit char and removed Romira's Banquet for the test. But i still had Voll's Devotion to see when a power charge was consumed by discharge or not (to be sure).
Order 1: arc - pcoc - discharge
Order 2: discharge - pcoc - arc
I only hit monsters on a low level area with the default attack.

Results for order 1: when arc was dealing a crit, discharge was casted and the power charge was consumed instantly, giving an endu charge thanks to Voll's.

Results for order 2: when arc was dealing a crit, discharge wasn't casted and 1 power charge was generated. That's the proof of the socket order.

So, Mjolner acts like CWDT gem!

Thanks you elboyo, clever kind of test you said!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info