[1.2.0] RAMPAGE - Chaos Innoculation-Cleave-Marauder: "The Bloodless Heart"

Hi,

i am playing POE since closed beta but it took me that long to make a build that finally will reach lvl 80 soon.

I proudly present you my:

"THE BLOODLESS HEART" - a Chaos-Innoculation-Melee-Marauder
with: Incandescent Heart, Wings of Entropy, Cleave, Blood Rage, Herald of Ash, Zealots Oath & Ghost Reaver!

Sounds crazy enough to get you hooked? Good. Here we go:

Why?
Spoiler

I like to experiment with skills, passives etc. CI + Marauder sounded interesting enough. Didnt know if it would work out at the start but found several synergies on my way to level 79.61 (right now).

I first planned this as a 2-handed-crit-CI-marauder. realized fast, that crit needs too many extra nodes so i went RT instead. then i discoverd Incandescent Heart and was hooked from the first moment: this thing gives you so much survivability against ele-damage! then i discovered wings of entropy and it just fitted perfectly with the build. also you come across some nice dual wield nodes on your way to CI and Ghost Reaver.

I also really wanted to try out Zealots Oath. It's a very underrated keystone and you get some huge survivability from it as a CI-melee-fighter. i was tempted to go vaal pact and still want to try this one day. but at the moment i am very happy with ZO.

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler

offense (without frenzy charges):

defense (with molten shell):

buffed:

Special-/Core-Items:
Spoiler

only one of the two should be five-linked though (for cleave) - but should work with a 4L (without added fire) good as well.

PROS & CONS
Spoiler

PROS
- CI + Melee + Marauder! (= unique playstile)
- good life-regen (with rejuv totem out: 350 ES/Sec)
- great single-target + AOE damage
- not too expensive (5L incandescent heart is around 2 exalts)
- free blood rage, long immortal call duration
- not very vulnerable against elemental damage
- immune to chaos damage
- no need for dream fragments or eye of chayula - freeze can be handled with flasks, stuns are no problem
- can do pretty much any map-mod (no blood magic of course)
- NO multistrike needed - you want big hits for HoA (thats why i also dont use faster attacks on cleave). My tooltip-DPS is at 15k at the moment.
- 6 Endurance Charges
- not really a need for a 5L (although its good to have of course)

CONS
- sometimes vulnerable against hard hitting physical damage (but who isnt?)
- pretty low life-pool for CI (around 5k ES is not that much)
- need lots of dex on gear
- need to work with your flasks a lot
- no life-flasks
- leveling with CI is a real pain -> dont ever do this in HC!

Playstile
Spoiler

It feels a bit like a Shouting-Barbarian from D2:

You leap in, make your "battlecrys" (enduring cry + blood rage + molten shell + warlords mark) and start hitting the weakest mobs. all the screen gets ignited while you leech ES with your strikes and have up to 350 ES/second regen on top. In extreme situations you have vaal discipline to back you up and make you practically invincible. every now and the immortal call goes off (but due to a at least acceptable life pool underneath the CI you almost never "feel" the stuns).

Synergies that work great in this build are:
Spoiler

- CI + Blood Rage (Free Frenzy Charges + Life leech) + Ghost Reaver = self explaining, no?

- Incandescent Heart + CI + Ghost Reaver = IH is a very underrated chest peace. I have like 81% effective Ele-Resists with IH on which is a huge plus for a CI character, that otherwise would have much more problems with status effects. on top IH gives an o.k. amount of armour and some baselife which helps as well with status effects and the lifeleech helps a ton as well.

- Wings of Entropy + Cleave + Herald of Ash = solid damage with huge overkills + some block (and spellblock) for free

- CI + Melee Damage on full Life = "MORE" Damage

- Cast when Stunned + Immortal Call + Rejuvenation Totem + Inc Duration = almost 10 seconds phys-immunity + huge life regen every now and then

- Molten Shell + Armour Nodes + Granite Flasks = up to 19k armour

- "Inc Buff Duration"-Nodes and "Inc Buff effects"-Nodes are triple-(dual-)effective: they help with your Molten Shell, Blood Rage and Immortal Call

Gems
Spoiler

Cleave + Melee Phys + Melee Phys on full life + Conc Effect + Added Fire (would work well without added fire if you only have a 4L)

Herald of Ash + Inc Burning Damage + Elemental Proliferation + Reduced Mana (+ Increased Item Rarity)

Cast when stunned + Immortal Call + Rejuvenation Totem + Inc Duration

Discipline + Reduced Mana / Leap Slam + Faster Attacks

Enduring Cry + Molten Shell + Blood Rage + Faster Casting

I recommend getting quality for:
- Blood Rage (more Life leech)
- Enduring Cry (larger Aoe = more charges)
- Warlords Mark (more charges)

Bandits
Spoiler

Kill all - Kraytin/Oak - Oak

My gear:
Spoiler

alternate-levelling-gem-weapon-slot:

- two antifreeze-flasks are good to have
- multistrike and vitality are replacements when in ele-equilibrium or no-regen-maps (added fire gets replaced by multistrike, HoA can get replaced by vitality which is also useful in vorici single target missions
- IIR on HoA is just a bonus but very nice to have
- in "no curse" maps i replace warlords mark with decoy totem
- DEX on gloves, amulet and ring is mandatory for levelling blood rage a little.

My tree (99 points will be reached at lvl 81)
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAA-4RDxFQFLAV1xfhGS4bJR0UHU8dviECIVUkiyftLL8s-y0fLdIu_zOHNbk5DjrYPQ9DY0T7RwZJUUuuTC1N2E4yUFBQVFQLVmNXDVhjWPVZ81n-XGtfP19qZp5tGW03bthxTXKpe4x8u3zZgW-CHoRIhq6IQox2j0aP-pBVkc6VIJrPm6GdxJ48og-nK6c0qXOsmKyqtzG77cAawcXB88NtxPbG2NDQ2VvZYdvn34rkUekC6XzsGPDV9vz3wffX-tJkCf1g

HC-viability & levelling
Spoiler

i dont know if the char is HC-viable. my laptop is not a gaming-station and i have really hard-times with lag when opening strongboxes for example. thats why i almost exclusively play scrubcore. 5k ES says almost no to me - but i feel pretty comfortable since i have surpassed lvl 70. i have not yet entered maps above lvl 71 yet though.

i strongly recommend switching late to CI and have the gear for this switch ready at that point. i switched around lvl 55 which was way too early and resulted in around 200 deaths (!!!). that made me learn to play the character though and since i am lvl 75 i only died two or three times - exclusively to lag when opening rogue exile strongboxes.

i know that death-number sounds outrageous but it was only because Melee-CI without proper gear is just too squishy. my gear is far from godly now, but i really have no fear of dying any longer.

Feel free to ask any questions. i wanna put some screen-shots on later when i am at home!
Last edited by Edradour on Nov 12, 2014, 2:31:39 PM
Wow, looks interesting. How about Atziri/hard bosses like necropolis, Shrine, Palace, torture chamber?
Last edited by drimsan on Nov 11, 2014, 11:44:06 AM
"
drimsan wrote:
Wow looks interestimg. How about Atziri/hard bosses like necropolis, Shrine, Palace, torture chamber?

hi! thx for your reply. as i wrote somewhere: i haven't tested it yet in maps above lvl 71. i will update the guide as soon, as i get there. but i doubt that this build is atziri-viable.
How much DPS u have this build? I see alot of passives spent to mana/ES and u have only 175% increase melee phys damage, and i guess its not enough for high-level content.
"
drimsan wrote:
How much DPS u have this build? I see alot of passives spent to mana/ES and u have only 175% increase melee phys damage, and i guess its not enough for high-level content.

my tooltip-dps is at 15k at the moment with cleave. but you have to consider, that i dont use faster attacks or multistrike. i hit for 3k - 7k physical damage at the moment and gems are not ready levelled. its only 175 phys on tree but you have 4 gems with kinda "more" multipliers:

- melee phys (more)
- melee phys on fulll life (more)
- conc effect (more)
- added fire (kinda "more")
screenshots added!
I played a similar build a while ago.

Just a couple of annotations:

1. Zealot's Oath isn't a sound investment.
It costs too many skillpoints to collect the regen, and it doesn't provide sufficient or even noticeable combat regen.
I dropped it, saved a ton of points, and invested them into damage and raw ES.

2. Imho the only reason Marauder is a somewhat "viable" candidate for CI is Unwavering Stance's location in the skilltree.
I have no idea how you are playing the game without it (or without Eye of Chayula).
Take this keystone!

Same goes for freeze immunity. Wear a "Dream fragments" saphire ring or an "Auxium" belt, two flasks will not save you.
High level cold damage monsters (such as Merveil and her non unique friends) are absolutely impossible to fight without immunity.

3. I don't get why you are using Wings of Entropy. You get pretty much nothing from it. You're missing out on the ES of a shield, you have no block/spellblock to speak of, and it a very mediocre weapon DpS-wise.
WoE is only good if you build around it. Take dualwield block nodes, take a ton of dualwield damage nodes, make use of its mechanic. You're not taking advantage of it in any way, so buy a cheap twohander that does double its DpS.

4. Your lack of ES is mostly a gear problem. It's not the tree's fault, don't worry.
Most of your gear could be upgraded to almost double ES without too much of a cost, and you could even consider throwing some master-crafted +19%ES rings into the mix.

5. You lack DpS.
For a conc effect supported Cleave, 14k is intolerable.
Main problem is the mediocre weapon, but you also have little to no damage in your skilltree and are even skipping the hatred aura.

Long story short, I'd use a tree like this:
click me
Aura nodes to make discipline stronger and include Hatred.
Some Axe/twohanded damage.
Unwavering Stance.
Cut templar zone and lower marauder start for this.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 14, 2014, 11:37:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info