Staff Knockbacker: Maximum knockback with hegemony's era (GS / SS)

"
siliconlife wrote:

Too bad cyclone is eating so much mana it needs a blood magic gem - it would be a well suited skill.

Needs a BM gem? ;)

Costs about 90 per use in a 6L. I'm paying it off mana (2% leech, a bit regen).
That's the good side of walking all the way on 10 int nodes. ;)

With a couple of mana affixes...
Spoiler

...it's all fine.
If you wanna be really safe, use Clarity instead of Ele Prolif.
But that takes away this wonderful "whole screen is burning after crit" experience.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 13, 2014, 10:20:01 AM
Hmmm, and arent monsters moved out of your range? I fix that problem/feature by using AoE and HoA, and getting up close with GS.

Anyway, I will just try it. Can just replace the accuracy gem ;)
Last edited by siliconlife on Nov 13, 2014, 11:08:06 AM
Because of Conc Effect?
I swap it for increased AoE in easy maps (I carry that in my 6th slot in the staff), but because of Ele Prolif, not a lot of monsters manage to escape, even with Conc (48% inc AoE, 30% less, that's 103% of original radius, and enough to overkill some of the monsters and burn the rest). ;)
If your goal is to go for max knockback, why don't you just use heavy strike + melee splash?
Nemesis: Acrol_fourtwentyblazeit | MeatManPorkPounder
Domination: GetDumpsteredNerds
Beyond: DraxTheEmployer | IceAge_KillerOfDinos
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
siliconlife wrote:

Too bad cyclone is eating so much mana it needs a blood magic gem - it would be a well suited skill.

Needs a BM gem? ;)

Costs about 90 per use in a 6L. I'm paying it off mana (2% leech, a bit regen).
That's the good side of walking all the way on 10 int nodes. ;)

With a couple of mana affixes...
...it's all fine.
If you wanna be really safe, use Clarity instead of Ele Prolif.
But that takes away this wonderful "whole screen is burning after crit" experience.

Nope. I can't even sustain it with a 5l and 6% mana leech, and EE. Not even close. Probably the attack speed difference (1.37 vs 1.18). Ok i only got 12.8 mana/s.

Last edited by siliconlife on Nov 13, 2014, 2:09:45 PM
"
Acrol wrote:
If your goal is to go for max knockback, why don't you just use heavy strike + melee splash?

Because heavy strike and melee splash is the worst combination ever. Or, in general heavy strike, as you push away the target from the melee range, meaning i cant hit them after one hit. Completely unusable.
"
siliconlife wrote:

Nope. I can't even sustain it with a 5l and 6% mana leech, and EE. Not even close. Probably the attack speed difference (1.37 vs 1.18). Ok i only got 12.8 mana/s.

Adding more mana leech doesn't do shit.
12.5% of your mana pool per second is cap, and you'll easily get there with 2% mana leech.

You need to build your gear around it a little bit, but it's not too complicated to get to mana pool/maana regen/mana leech to sustain cyclone.
I like GS more than cyclone. Cyclone is desync deluxe.

Traded my voll's for a carcass jack... wasted 2 ex to color it. Like 5 times times 3r, but never 3r2g, always 3r2b. Now completely broke. FML.
Managed to 3R2B1G it AGAIN... (how unlucky can i be...)

The increased area is really makes a difference, clear speed is much higher. HoA kills things offscreen pretty reliably, and with IIQ :-). Maybe i do a video soon.

Now i need to go from ES items (head (selffound), gloves, shoes) to EV based. because EV rocks :-)
Last edited by siliconlife on Nov 15, 2014, 4:52:52 AM
"
siliconlife wrote:
Managed to 3R2B1G it AGAIN... (how unlucky can i be...)

What colors do you want and how do you try?

Still RRRGGB?

I'd actually prefer your RRRGBB setup.
But with Increased AoE/Conc Effect swap instead of increased critical strikes.
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 15, 2014, 5:55:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info