[2.0] Pure Dex/Eva Close Combat BUILD - CRIT DUAL STRIKER 200k+ DPS w/ avg cheap gear (atziri video)

Hi. Nice guide, i like it very much.

You suggested the use of lightning strike and that gave me an idea.
Your tree is very close to (2 points needed) the point blank keystone.
This will give you the 50% MORE multiplier on projectiles for if you choose to use this skill.
Hello!

Lightning Strike is an easy to implement variation of this build
For this exactly build, LS is an option for killing from a distance, but not the primary skill

If you want to go for LS as primary skill, Point Blank is a good choice,
And I would change a bit more, like using the Support Gem Physical to Lightning, and some more Elemental Dmg on the passive
And also, would be using a shield, I think its not worth to go dual wielding w/ LS.

LS is really cool indeed, very versatile for ranged and close combat
Pls let me know your progress w/ it :D
WTS - IRL Superior Determination = PRICELESS

Thank you for your response and sharing your ideas about elemental damage etc.

"
And also, would be using a shield, I think its not worth to go dual wielding w/ LS.

Is there a reason why dual wield is not good for LS?
For the LS skill itself, the bonus will be "only" the dual wielding implicit properties (Dual Wielding automatically grants 10% More Attack Speed, 20% More Attack Physical damage and 15% Block Chance, from here )

I think that "only" it will not pay the benefits of holding a shield
That will grant you much more survivability and perhaps some better output too, I mean, it's easy to imagine that having ele resist on shield can enable you to use more ofensive rings and amy, besides lots of other options

10% attack speed isnt that much if you already have your primary skill linked to MultiStrike + Faster Attacks, so , in that case I would go for a shield

It's not the same case on Dual Strike or Cleave,
that have explicit benefits like huge dmg and critical chance, besides attacks w/ both weapons w/ the sum of the properties of those

well.. thats the idea ;)

how to handle stun problem? Becuase you figh face-to-face. for example crema boss stun you easily?
Hello
Tks!, glad you liked :)

Actually yes, stun is a problem, let me tell you how I handle this

First thing is that you should know that the stun chance is based you your max life agains the amount of dmg you are taking

So, against elemental bosses like this I will change 1 aura to the purity of.. (element), the idea is to raise the max resist to 78~79

Another important thing is that Life is a must for this build
Im using 4.8k life, and I think that I could dig for more, improving gear pieces here and there.., every point counts

And finally, evasion!
Even if some mob hits me (1/10) chance, the next incomming attack will not hit, time enough to change place using whriling blades

All bosses and rare mobs should be cursed w/ enfeeble for less dmg and less chance to hit
And no matter what, dont try to tank anything, this build is always like "move > attack > move > attack > move attack "

Maybe some of the videos linked on the build thread helps ;)

well, thats it :)
hope it helps

Last edited by HarleyCabral on Mar 15, 2015, 4:55:05 PM
Howdy! First of all, great guide, it's all well explained and layed out.

I've been playing an IS Ranger almost since Beta went open lol (with different variations ofc), and I was thinking about switching to melee when The Awakening goes live (always wanted to try some roguelike gameplay with 2 daggers). So:

1) Do you think playing DS will be a somewhat solid path to choose on 2.0?
2) Will I be able to use my gear, or at least some of it when I switch to melee? I'm using all eva (Rat's, Maligaro's, boots, phys Doryani's) except for my Belly (how to pass on that amount of life, no?). I'm keeping my eyes open for daggers in case I do.

Thanks in advance, cheers.
Potato girl keeps on runnin'
Last edited by scabre89 on May 15, 2015, 10:00:45 AM
Hi scabre89!
glad you liked it :D

Im really interested on how Dual Strike / Dual Wielding will do on 2.0
I dont have a beta-key yet :), so, cant say much on this matter yet

I will try to re-update this build ASAP after 2.0 official launch, and start to test new mechanics that could be used on it :)

This build is yet my favorite one :)
I love how it totally depends on player's ability to be alive and kill things

And about your gear, yes
All of it will do great, including Belly of the Beast

Another update on this build:

I successfully ran 1 Atziri set using a TABULA RASA, less life and non-maxed ele-resists!

I think it's great news as I think it proves that this build is really consistent
And also "budget" compared to lots of other crazy expensive builds

I will search for another screen recorder free software as my old one (trial) expired ;)
And make a video of it to post here

See ya ;)

I think this build would be better with a lightning coil instead of queen of the forest. Have you tested coil at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info