To sell or not?

I am kinda poor player with not 1 ex found in rampage,and selling items from my shop isnt easy(i havent sold 1 item,though mostly uniques i have are common and not so costly).
I just found voltaxic rift bow,and i saw they are quite expensive,I first thought about making build around it(since my next char will be LA shadow),but instead i was wondering should i try to sell it in rampage or wait for transer in standard?
Spoiler
Dude, this bow is damn good. Try to make this bow a 6S or 5L first.
Without any spare currency to properly finance a build, I don't really see how you could get any benefit out of Volt.

The whole point of the bow is that you can stack all the damage you want without having to worry about reflect. The gear you would need to justify using Volt is going to be expensive. Not to mention you also need to link it.

Meh, I'd sell it in your case.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
The problem of this bow is it's very expensive on sockets. Since you have barely no physical damage, you'll most probably need to use BM support, and LL or LgoH as well to fuel it. 5L is the very minimum you need to get decent damage, and 6L is very welcome. But if you can build around Tabula rasa, you'll have a decent for sure.
With less sockets, it may be possible to still use it if you build around Eldricht Battery to get huge mana regen.

The other problem is that in current meta, physical bows really have the upper hand. Hence the price of this bow dropped a lot.

I don't really know what's best to do, keep it or sell it. I just wanted to warn you about these "issues".
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
So what items would i need to buy with that build?
So in order to sell it for good price i would need to 6 socket it,5 link it?
Well the bow seems to be similarly priced in both leagues so it's up to you when you wish to sell it. I would recommend linking it first.

Also if you want to make an LA build then a crit harbinger would be better.

Edit: Shouldn't have left the post half written lol. Was too late :P

You can take a look at one of the many crit bow guides in the ranger forums. Bow skills are pretty much interchangeable so you can just adapt LA in your links instead of say tornado shot or split arrow.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Nov 2, 2014, 12:30:06 PM
I currently have Tornado shot crit ranger,and im using harbinger bow so i would just pick some lightining dmg nodes etc,ofc i would go from shadow part of tree being closer to some elemntal damage nodes.
So,in order to play LA build i dont need some specific bows like this voltaxic,just some ele dmg increased bows with good crit?
Yup. I don't think you even need lightning damage nodes as all the lightning damage from the skill scales based on your physical damage.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
You don't need to make a bow build to use that bow. You could use lightning spells.

My advice for you would be to keep all valuable things you find. Wait until you are a lot more comfortable with creating your own builds and the game in general; before you try to venture into trading. You will learn more from making a fail build than copying a forum build.
<3 Free Tibet <3
Congrats! Try it out first, then sell it if you don't like it. You can make a sweet reflect-resistant caster build with that bow. I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1086367
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info