Need help with optimizing Blender!

I have some questions for you, experienced ones! I made a BLENDER* build character, and I need some help with optimising, to make the character as strong as it could be!

*http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/491481

Here is my gear:

Helmet:
Spoiler

1st Weapon:
Spoiler

2nd Weapon:
Spoiler

Ring #1:
Spoiler

Ring #2:
Spoiler

Amulet
Spoiler

Gloves:
Spoiler

Boots:
Spoiler

Belt:
Spoiler

Skill Tree:
For now it's like this:
Last edited by ziumbala on Nov 3, 2014, 7:05:26 PM
*up*
1. Get Herald of Ash. No reason not to, especially since you're using something like Soul Taker.

2. Use Cleave or Reave for farming, and switch to Dual/Double Strike for bosses.

3. Decoy Totem is one of the most useless gems in the game. Either use Rejuvenation Totem, Shockwave Totem, or Summon Skeletons.

4. Get the Ancestral Knowledge notable just below Zealot's Oath.

5. Get the Beef notable, just right of Iron Reflexes. That's 6% melee physical damage and 15 life.

6. Get Thick Skin. That's priceless, and should've been more of a priority than Path of the Warrior.

7. Get the Barbarism circle.

8. Get the "Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction" node in the marauder starting area.

9. Get the Herbalism circle.

10. Get Unwavering Stance and Iron Grip. This way you cannot be stunned and can use Molten Strike.

Molten Strike seems to be the best melee skill out there right now. Compared to your Dual Strike, it only strikes with one weapon but at 120% of base damage and throws three projectiles that deal 72% of normal damage. Dual Strike is doing 180%, 90% from both attacks. So it only takes one projectile from Molten Strike to begin doing more damage than Dual Strike. The great thing is that the projectiles cover an area so your attack then has a built in AOE.

You're using Weapon Elemental Damage, so your attack will do drastically more since a lot of it is converted to fire damage.
What about the gear? Something to change?
Last edited by ziumbala on Nov 2, 2014, 5:40:35 PM
"
ziumbala wrote:
What about the gear? Something to change?

That's easy for you to determine. If you can find an item with better mods and more mods that you can use, get it.

For instance, your amulet has the life regen and flat physical mods. The flat physical could help, but the roll is too low to be of any value. You also have the lowest possible life leech roll, so that can be upgraded.

Gear is the easiest to do and only really best done by the player.
I mostly using Cyclone of course, and not dual/double strike. If I wear anything else, then it's for science! :D

Changed
Spoiler
for
Spoiler

BTW which is the best way to get "Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction" note?
Not-so-updated-for-now tree:
Last edited by ziumbala on Nov 3, 2014, 7:07:58 PM
"
ziumbala wrote:
I mostly using Cyclone of course, and not dual/double strike. If I wear anything else, then it's for science! :D

Changed
Spoiler
for
Spoiler

BTW which is the best way to get "Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction" note?
Not-so-updated-for-now tree:

You do realize you lost 72% resistances by changing those amulets? If you aren't capped, take the resistances over the other one no matter what.

As to your skill tree, here's how I'd spend the next few points. It has a few one-handed physical damage nodes immediately above the life/res nodes taken in the marauder starting area, if you have some extra points for damage.
No, of course i think about resists, they're good, don't worry! It didnt changed nothing, I had A LOT of fire resistance over the cap, now it's just maxed.
I'll take a look at your skill tree, thanks.

Edit: Shouldn't I take Amplify? It looks nice.
Last edited by ziumbala on Nov 4, 2014, 3:02:15 PM
"
ziumbala wrote:
No, of course i think about resists, they're good, don't worry! It didnt changed nothing, I had A LOT of fire resistance over the cap, now it's just maxed.
I'll take a look at your skill tree, thanks.

Edit: Shouldn't I take Amplify? It looks nice.

Amplify only gives you an 8% increase to damage, and 12% increased AOE. With Cyclone it isn't that much of an increase. So it being so many points away it would be a waste. The life nodes next to it are valuable, however.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info