Extra Guild Stash Security And Loss Prevention System

If you’re not an Officer or Leader, in a guild, and you think your guild might benefit from this information, please share it with your Officers/Leader so they can check it out.

Guild stash security seems to be an issue for some guilds, here. If you leave tabs open for members to withdrawal from, all it takes is one jerk to clean them out. You can’t close them up to only the leader either or the leader will be grabbing stuff for everyone all the time. I find that the best way to do a guild stash is have a good pool of Officers who are willing to fetch items for players who need them. Some tabs, with more valuable stuff, I keep locked down to only leader withdrawal, for added security.

You can have “free for all” tabs, which are open for anyone to deposit and withdrawal but those tend to be cleaned out, too. Personally, I don’t do those for exactly that reason. If you have the wrong person, as a member, it’s going to happen. There’s no way to identify who that member is, either, which presents a larger problem.

Then, there is that player who will exploit that system and frequently ask for an excessive amount of items in order to build their own wealth. Unless the Officers are keeping track of everything that is going out by what members, this is possible. In most cases, this sort of thing can’t be tracked/logged in order to keep losses, like this, to a minimum.

The larger your guild gets, the more problems you can have with security, simply because the odds of having someone exploit guild resources goes up with each member. The bigger the guild, the more you need to secure your stash, in any way you can, while still being able to provide a decent system to make sure your members still get what they need.

So, a couple members and myself have come up with a system to keep over excessive requests from happening. It involves a forum system, to request items, so leaders and Officers can see who might be overly requesting for their own wealth building. I use Guildlaunch for this. You can use about any forum, on the Internet, though. I just find the controls at Guildlaunch to be great and you can add more forums, if needed. I did this for our Item Request forum. Guildlaunch also has a great site builder and allows you to provide greater interaction, within your guild. If you want to make your guild better, I highly recommend a website, like this. It really does help a lot, especially with larger guilds or guilds that want to be larger.

I posted this thread, on our forums, which outlines our entire request policies and procedures and even a short tutorial in copying/pasting into the game, which some players don’t know how to do. I’ve had a few complaints, so far, about this new system. My members were under the impression that this was going to be a HUGE inconvenience to them, but I am convincing them otherwise. It really only takes about 30 seconds to register, one time, to do this, on Guildlaunch, then just a few more seconds to request the items, on a post they make.

To view what I have laid out so you can use it as a model to develop your own system or even improve on this one, please go here http://poefusion.guildlaunch.com//forums/viewtopic.php?p=36929459&gid=397460#36929459

Once the request is made, on the forum, the player can contact an officer or me, in-game, to fill it.

I am copying and pasting the following two part “guildomercial” into my guild chat, on occasion, so my members know that this new system is in place. Most of my Officers know we just implemented this and will now be requesting our members go with the new plan:

"ATTENTION It is now MANDATORY to make all free stash item requests, before contacting us in-game, on our new site forum, ITEM REQUESTS. There are explicit directions, for doing so, on a sticky thread, on that forum. You will need to register at guildlaunch then apply to guild in upper left of our home page. Because you will have to wait for my approval on application, DO IT NOW, in case I am not on to approve. Our site address is always at the top of your guild tab.

This new system is not to deter you from requesting items. I still want you to use them as much as you can. It is in place to make requesting go smoother and to track items leaving the stash better. This does not mean you cannot keep any items you take which you grow attached to. If you keep them, no big deal. Use them for a new character. If you return them, even better."

The apply to guild to post is an option on Guildlaunch, which I use. I like to have my members register/apply to our site as a member. You can leave it more open, and not make it mandatory to apply to guild in order to post to forums, through the forum controls menu.

If you have any questions, at all, about how to build a site, on Guildlaunch, for your guild, please feel free to ask me. I’d be glad to help. I know the controls there, very well, and have been using Guildlaunch for years. I’d prefer doing this on our Teamspeak. If you don’t have a mic, that’s ok, you can still type and I’ll just be lazy and not type ;-p Just PM me and we’ll set something up.

Also if you would like to add more information and/or ideas to this thread, please do.
Last edited by FusionReactor on Nov 1, 2014, 5:53:30 AM
^
IMO the devs should just add a some kind of guild stash log. My experience with the g-stash is, there will always be a black ship that will look for a right moment to steal from the guild. But it doesn't happen as often as some people might think. In our case it happened 2 times since the guild's been running which is Dec 2013. At 1st we tried to keep an eye on stash, implemented the request system etc. But it appeared to us it's just not worth it. 90% of the stash were leveling uniques and rares mostly useless after reaching maps. And you don't wanna pull a guild stash Nazi about items that were worth maybe 20-30c in total. Especially that there'll be always more people willing to donate such items than the ones trying to steal and sell them. Of course, your guild has many more members than ours, but how many of your 209 guildies actually underwent any kind of recruitation instead of just asking for invite and getting it? How many of these members are active on a daily basis? How many of those active ones you actually know? If a member is just an account name or an IGN the odds are he'll look into possibilities of scamming you rather than a member you know by his real life name, where he's from and what he does for a living. Not saying your system is bad, if you've got 200+ members onboard such systems are necessary. Just adding my 2 cents.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Almost all 209 members are active. I would say that number is very close to 200 atm. I don't do recruitment applications, as the only things that I can confirm as the truth is the character levels and start dates, on their account. This is the Internet, so I don't waste time with formalities like that. The guild runs very smooth, aside from a few stash red flags, which have caused me to decide to control and track things better. We've had members go from officer to officer to request items to fill their own stash/build wealth, instead of doing what those items were meant for, which is using them to level their characters. And yes, with 200+ members more controls are necessary. Even with 30, they are, because you never know what you're going to get. There are players out there who would join guilds only to rob them blind. We had one, who has been in many other guilds and robbed them any way they could. They didn't get far with mine, as I have things pretty well locked down. To a more open stash guild, a player like this spells clean out.

I highly recommend to any leader to not allow access to any tabs that you want to actually retain items in. I promise you that shit will disappear. Only allow officers access and have guild members request, whether using this forum system or not, in order to get items. The more valuable stuff should be leader access only. Unfortunately, with the current security that is offered (nothing but tab access permission) this is the only way I see this can be done. If you leave your tabs open to members, no matter how honorable the rest of your members are, there will always be at least one who will clean you out. If leader only access, good luck fetching all the time.

Tab withdrawal limits and a log would be nice. I could then reorganize, add tabs if necessary, and make it to where members can only access one item per tab per day and see who is overly withdrawing at the same time. I used to track this stuff like this in my 1000 character guild on WoW. I could easily see who was fucking us that way and have my stash more open for withdrawals. One more rank would be nice, so I can make a trial rank, which I could set no withdrawal access and they could just request an Officer.

If you are robbed by a member and you know who it was, report this, and any evidence, to GGG. They are glad to take that stuff and will look into these incidents.
Last edited by FusionReactor on Nov 3, 2014, 11:58:59 AM
^
^
Bump for an important topic.
Dungeon Addicts Guild
Recruiting Thread #861877
This system has been working well for us for the first week. We have had less requests, but still had plenty of them to show this system works. It only takes a few seconds to post a request, which is far less inconvenient than some of my members thought it would be.
Last edited by FusionReactor on Nov 12, 2014, 5:39:14 PM
^
^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info