When you enter a map and disconnect...

For the love of god, can we please, please change that there is a certain timeframe where, if you transistion into a new area and disconnect, you will stay logged on untill you reconnect?

I lost 3 characters to this now(as in, the current temp leagues), i wont lie, bad internet connection, but at the place where i live now there is no other alternative.

Its mindboggling why you would enforce that rule in the first place, i cant come up with a single good reason why this has to stay in place. I really want to play in hardcore(leagues) but i just cant, because a unlucky disconnect when starting a map will rip you, no matter what.

I really dont want to play russian rulette when playing PoE hardcore leagues.
Last edited by Cataca on Oct 31, 2014, 11:13:45 PM
"
"
Cataca wrote:
bad internet connection.

What matters here ^

"
Its mindboggling why you would enforce that rule in the first place, i cant come up with a single good reason why this has to stay in place.

^ what really does.
So you are calling me dumb and are not willing to share your superior grasp of game mechanics?

Certainly valid points, my bad, friend.

I shal crawl under the rock i came from again, your brilliance is blinding me.
When you first enter a zone, I think there is a ~30 second timer in which, if you are disconnected, you stay in the instance until those ~30 seconds are up (this might only be the case if you don't move at all, I'm not actually sure). Since there is a grace period of 20 seconds upon "officially" entering an instance (when the client and server recognize you as being in it), that means an enemy found and killed you in ~10 seconds.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
When you first enter a zone, I think there is a ~30 second timer in which, if you are disconnected, you stay in the instance until those ~30 seconds are up (this might only be the case if you don't move at all, I'm not actually sure). Since there is a grace period of 20 seconds upon "officially" entering an instance (when the client and server recognize you as being in it), that means an enemy found and killed you in ~10 seconds.

I am not really talking about entering a map and instantly getting disconnected, i am talking about actively engaging the very first pack in a map and disconnecting. This is not frequent, but my current connection has some packet loss every ~3 hours or so. If i just happened to enter a map during that time, engage a pack and disconnect, its certain death.

I just really dont see how those 30 seconds are relevant to the usual "disconnect, you log out" thing. I could wait 30 seconds before doing anything in any map "fixing" this issue, but that would really kill the gameflow for me. Is that really a solution for some game mechanic that serves no real purpose?
Last edited by Cataca on Nov 1, 2014, 12:05:20 AM
The game must be online all the time, because to protect us from the mirrored RMT items ,which have flooded all leagues... Oh wait..

Hmm.. now when i think of it..
"
Cataca wrote:
Is that really a solution for some game mechanic that serves no real purpose?

The actual purpose is to make you see the reality... In any online game, if you have bad connection you'll be very limited. It is a matter of logic. You can't play hardcore. It's totally absurd to try it with a bad connection...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:
Is that really a solution for some game mechanic that serves no real purpose?

The actual purpose is to make you see the reality... In any online game, if you have bad connection you'll be very limited. It is a matter of logic. You can't play hardcore. It's totally absurd to try it with a bad connection...

Except that there was not a single instance, where i disconnected in a map that caused me death. This might be touching on the "is alt+f4 an issue" thing, but it is a lifesaver for me, when i (rarely) disconnect.

Its just those instances where i disconnect under very specific circumstances, that are certain death for me.

Again, for what purpose, why?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info