Computer Freeze *White Screen* At Solaris Temple and Entrance At The BattleFront

I have tried this 5x now. I am not sure if its those ribbon monsters or a spell that they use since I am able to kill them and they have attacked me before, I have seen the small and big ribbons, but I think its a spell or something that the big ones cast once in a while which is causing this. (maybe the statues, not sure since they have to be specific to the "Solaris Temple" and near the Entrance to Solaris Temple in "The Battlefront". Those were the only 2 mobs that I see that were in common only in that area.

I made sure my video card is up to date and even tried changing settings to lowest graphics settings, I can play everywhere else so far (first time running through) and the game will not freeze nor will it freeze up my entire computer replacing my screens (dual screens) with a solid color. (Mostly white but I had a green and blue one recently)

Setup:
Windows 7 (Fully Updated)
Nvidia GeForce 285 GTX
8MB RAM
CPU never hits over 40% while playing.

Thankfully when my screens turn solid color, it appears to disconnect me since sometimes I am in the middle of a battle and it does it and my character is not dead when I restart my computer. (Freezes computer completely up when this happens)

Any suggestions on how to remedy this issue? I mean i can play around that area and not go into the solaris temple area, but its where a lot of quests are and I am not sure if I need them but would like to do them. Thanks!
Nerf Paper, Scissors is Fine. -Rock
I feel there's an issue with over-emphasis on making the game look 'pretty' and not enough focus on optimizing how the graphics are handled in general.

There are folks with better rigs than I (which there are plenty) who can't run the game as well as I can. I've no lag or desync issues, but as soon as I come across the new Merveil fight or any battle that involves a lot of particle effects (excessive novas, burning or shocking ground, etc.), my fans rev up, everything goes black, then I either die due to inactivity or I get kicked to the desktop. (see: "drivers not responding," kernel issues, etc.)

Perhaps for you, those particular zones contain the Kryptonite that your system just can't handle. Seems like we all have certain thorns with Path of Exile we can't yank out.

I've adjusted everything to its lowest setting, turned off all background programs and still high particle density destroys my computer. It's sad considering how well the game runs normally for me.
"
HiloBoyS wrote:
I have tried this 5x now. I am not sure if its those ribbon monsters or a spell that they use since I am able to kill them and they have attacked me before, I have seen the small and big ribbons, but I think its a spell or something that the big ones cast once in a while which is causing this. (maybe the statues, not sure since they have to be specific to the "Solaris Temple" and near the Entrance to Solaris Temple in "The Battlefront". Those were the only 2 mobs that I see that were in common only in that area.

I made sure my video card is up to date and even tried changing settings to lowest graphics settings, I can play everywhere else so far (first time running through) and the game will not freeze nor will it freeze up my entire computer replacing my screens (dual screens) with a solid color. (Mostly white but I had a green and blue one recently)

Setup:
Windows 7 (Fully Updated)
Nvidia GeForce 285 GTX
8MB RAM
CPU never hits over 40% while playing.

Thankfully when my screens turn solid color, it appears to disconnect me since sometimes I am in the middle of a battle and it does it and my character is not dead when I restart my computer. (Freezes computer completely up when this happens)

Any suggestions on how to remedy this issue? I mean i can play around that area and not go into the solaris temple area, but its where a lot of quests are and I am not sure if I need them but would like to do them. Thanks!

Bump to my issue. Thanks Still Occurring.
Try Verifying your Game Files.

If that doesn't help, and you use the Standalone Client, try the GGPK Defragmenter.

Do you get any error messages when this occurs?

Have you tried turning all your in-game settings as low as possible?
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
Hi Yeran

Thanks for the reply. I have already changed settings to low and i did steams check files. I do not however have a syanf alone client. I play through steam. Is there a way to use my steam account on the stand alone client? If so ill download it.
Hmm. Do you get any error messages with this freeze?

And just to confirm, does this freeze your entire computer? Or does this freeze and 'white screen' occur your Path of Exile client? You may need to alt-tab and check if there are any error messages. I would also recommend posting your DxDiag report here in a spoiler tag.

We can help with allowing you to use your Steam PoE Account on the Standalone Client, and testing the Standalone Client may be helpful here, however we would need you to e-mail us at support@grindinggear.com for us to help set up your account for the Standalone Client.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info