Life Leech from multiple sources

I would like to ask how life leech from multiple sources work. By multiple sources I mean from the life leech gem, from items (for example doryani's invitation) and perhaps from the tree.

I presume that these leech values are added, so if you have 9% from the gem and 1% from the belt you have 10% life leech. Is this correct?

Now there is the point of confusion. From what I understand the standard rate at which life is leeched is 20% of life (or ES when ghost reaver is used).

What happens though if I have a 20q life leech gem and an item that gives you 1% leech?

One way I could think of this working, is if these sources of leech are added one after the other. For example, I deal 20000 damage and leech 1800 life from the gem (assuming for the sake of the example that the gem leeches 9% of life) with a rate of 24% of life, then leech 200 life because 1% from an item with a rate of 20% of life.

But the above is just a guess.

I am asking this is because I have an ES build with ~8.5k ES, with doryani's invitation and doryani's catalyst. I would like to calculate if it is worth getting an 20q life leech gem, but to do that I need to understand how exactly the above works.
Yes, leech from multiple sources adds together.

Quality life leech gem gives increased leech rate to the skill supported by it, doesn't matter where the leech came from.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Yes, leech from multiple sources adds together.

Quality life leech gem gives increased leech rate to the skill supported by it, doesn't matter where the leech came from.

Does this mean that for that supported skill (with 20q life leech) even the rate of leech from items will be 24%? That would be quite good!
Yup, the skill gets a bonus 'increased life leech rate', not 'increased life leech rate from life leech gem'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Yup, the skill gets a bonus 'increased life leech rate', not 'increased life leech rate from life leech gem'.

Thanks, that was really good to know!
Last edited by phmn on Oct 31, 2014, 5:38:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info