Catarina's Summoning skeleton quest

Please remove this shit.

I keep pulling mobs in one direction, summoned skeletons pull them in the opposite direction. End result, 10 minutes of push-me-pull-you to get them to the statue.

The most irritating thing in the game atm.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Oct 30, 2014, 5:38:41 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yeah, annoying. No fun at all.

But
"
Odoakar wrote:
The most irritating thing in the game atm.

No, that prize goes to the god-damned pukey-birds. They are no threat at all, but as a char which actually has to hit a monster for damage I can only say: This is where you really notice desync. Those f*ckers are never where the client says they are, they are just too fast for the buggy game engine to handle...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Oh yeah, those. My cycloner usually has quite the fun chasing after them.

Agreed.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
In the hopes this might help others who faced these problems, here are some tips for that mission:
1) Player minions, including Catarina's revived corpses, are attracted to the last place that you click. This works until they are attacked, at which point they seek vengeance on whoever attacked them.
2) Place totems to keep the revived from getting attacked, preferably Decoy or Summon Skeleton. It works best if you can time the spawn wave: place a totem slightly behind them just before they spawn and keep running toward the statue as the wave spawns. If timed well, you can keep the revived corpses moving toward the objective without stopping to engage. In case the revived are caught, wait until the mini-map shows they are lagging before you turn around; have faith in the cursor leash.
3) When the attackers do catch the revived, clear the furthest attackers first then work toward the close ones. This way the revived are blocked from retreating to the most distant spawns of the wave as you clear it.

Having said all that, it would be nice if the waves were a bit less frequent as these missions can be pretty tricky with low DPS or no totems.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
In the hopes this might help others who faced these problems, here are some tips for that mission:
1) Player minions, including Catarina's revived corpses, are attracted to the last place that you click. This works until they are attacked, at which point they seek vengeance on whoever attacked them.
2) Place totems to keep the revived from getting attacked, preferably Decoy or Summon Skeleton. It works best if you can time the spawn wave: place a totem slightly behind them just before they spawn and keep running toward the statue as the wave spawns. If timed well, you can keep the revived corpses moving toward the objective without stopping to engage. In case the revived are caught, wait until the mini-map shows they are lagging before you turn around; have faith in the cursor leash.
3) When the attackers do catch the revived, clear the furthest attackers first then work toward the close ones. This way the revived are blocked from retreating to the most distant spawns of the wave as you clear it.

Having said all that, it would be nice if the waves were a bit less frequent as these missions can be pretty tricky with low DPS or no totems.

That's all well and good, until you put doorways into the equation. That and the absolutely fail prediction system that PoE has.

They are following, I'm all right to go on a bit, still coming, great, wait, wtf? Where the hell did they go. FUUUUU they are still at the other side of the map.
Casually casual.

Never have too much problem with her. I generally move pretty quick and for the most part the summoned keep fairly close. Generally get 1-3 skeleton popups. I also generally throw out a totem along the way which helps a bit as well. Doors can suck, but not too big of an issue most of the time.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info