Herald of Ash

Is Herald of Ash too powerful in PvP?

I really love herald of ash's mechanics and think that it's a great addition in the buff department, however I feel it is over powered in PvP. I'm not saying the added fire is the problem, but rather the burn it inflicts. If you use traps or minions the overkill damage is huge and HOA's burn will melt 8k hit points before you can even use a potion. It is good for skills to help counter builds and this benefits PvP because it enables you to adapt to your opponents, but HOA at its current state is build breaking. For example summoning builds already have a tough time in pvp. Toss a HOA burn in the mix and they become super fucked. Also, the burn does not appear to be dodge or blockable.

Dublicious
Summoners and trappers are the only ones having a hard time with this as you stated. If you choose to utilize guardian or traps/mines as a non summoner/trapper and in turn get ignited I feel that's just fine. Why do I say this? True summoners and trappers are very good against melee. Exploding minions that cover you, 1hit kill bear traps that stop movement/movement skills. Hoa is legit as a melee as far as I'm concerned. Problem is you're looking at this as a ranged build. You see how ez it is to beat summoners/trappers plus critical overkill their asses off any minion kill. Plus you yourself utilizing smoke mines/puncture mines have been ignited yourself....well that's justice mother fucka. Muhahaha. Hoa isn't a problem, ranged builds beating builds that are bad vs ranged but shit on melee...not the problem. Ranged + hoa + crit overkill DMG vs trappers/summoners they already beat free...is the real problem.

Edit: phone has a mind of its own.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 30, 2014, 12:18:22 PM
I understand it helps melee and other builds counter certain skills, but the overkill damage from destroying a trap is waaaay to high. How many hit points do traps have like 1? So take away one point of your damage and burn me for 155% of that? I think it has a great mechanic with the aoe and should still burn, but like many other skills the equation needs to be tweaked to lower the damage significantly. Right now it is like righteous fire before the fix.
Dublicious
Last edited by ddub3987 on Oct 30, 2014, 12:42:35 PM
I may be alone in saying this and my views are based on traditional actual skill required melee. So I exclude dagger from all of my opinions because right when melee gets a good thing dagger makes it look way fucking better then it really is because dagger is "melee" and broken. Anyways, I see your argument. Though like I said in your case you can just as easily not use traps/mines and remove this issue. You play a ranged class with a bow that's way stronger then bows should even be when paired with ease of crit access. You use a skill ...puncture that degens and instant kills people before they can even "use a potion". You do all of this from fun screen as it is. Add mines to the equation and you're adding insult to injury plus now hoa overkill is your o my problem...small as that is.

Melee vs traps is one sided. Clever construction has made this a tedious match up against a skill that 1.cannot be seen 2. Has 1hit kill power 3. Has 5sec immunity now 4.shuts down movement/movement skills 5. Requires the melee to swap hands to arc/row or any other means to sweep the floor...as traps are placed plus considering 5sec immunity. Then there's the constant threat they will throw one at you while you up your dick arcing the floor (subsequently 1hit killing you).

Hoa ignite is a great addition but its not broken and its not game changing in this mu.

Summoner vs melee is equally as hard for different reasons. Though again hoa helps but isnt taking a 6-4 match up and turning it into a 5-5.

If you eat hoa ignite when you're ranged puncture trap user...no sympathy man, sorry. You have as much or more HP then melee, you're ranged, you do as much or more DMG and have better mobility.

Edit: bear traps unblockable too, forgot that.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 30, 2014, 1:45:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info