Poe xyz (formerly) and in game name display issues. (HELP)

How does one change the IGN or In Game Name displayed by poe.xyz? If somebody tries to message me at the name displayed right now, even if i am online, it will not reach me, as that character is not logged in. If they send a PM I will get it, but if they go the direct route, the "@ name *message here* route while in game... I will not get it. Any ideas?
Last edited by childmangler on Oct 30, 2014, 2:20:24 AM
The name displayed is that of your highest character.

"
Q: I want poe.xyz.is to show a different IGN.
A: This is impossible. It doesn't matter what IGN it shows, people will be able to contact you anyway. All messages will be redirected by the game to the character you're playing.
A: YES THIS REALLY WORKS! If you've tested this and it doesn't work for you then you probably tried to message yourself, which is wrong and yes, in that case it won't work. But in all other cases it will work! Really!
Thank you for the reply, but that does not answer anything other than tell me about some underlying function of the site that i did not know about. Now, about changing that display name? Even if it truly does not matter, i still want to change it. If the answer is that there is no way, so be it. But, if there is a way, i want to know.

For the record, i have yet to be able to test the veracity of the copy pasted item above. :D

It might be true, but i cannot message myself it seems, if that character is not online. That there is my concern, because the character displayed on poe.trade is not online. If i cannot message that character, can others @ name message it and have it route to my main?

I can message myself on a character that is online.

So until further notice, with out testing able to be done... i still seek an answer.

Lastly, the character displayed is not my highest level character, the one displayed is level 12....... not 88 like two of mine are.
Last edited by childmangler on Oct 30, 2014, 2:27:39 AM
The redirecting works perfectly fine I sell a lot of stuff daily even when not on the displayed character. It might confuse some people since /whois shows not online but all in game messages get redirected nevertheless.

As far as I know the reason your lvl 12 character's name is showing on poe.trade is that he as a hardcore character is listed first in the character box on your profile page.
Last edited by cavantese on Oct 30, 2014, 3:26:40 AM
Well, okay. If you say so. Thank you for the information. I shall wait and see if it works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info