[Beyond]Hybrid Life/ES Tank Arc Crit (need your opinion on what i should fix)

Last edited by shotzinho22 on Oct 30, 2014, 3:48:15 PM
Using the build planner in theory is always interesting, but whether a build is viable or not, only active leveling will show. Regarding your tree: I guess you'll get a problem with gems that require dexterity and there are quite a few very useful ones like Herald of Ice or added Cold damage, Culling Strike or Blind, Mana Leech and so on. Also strength seems too low. If you don't have items that grant you enough attribute points, many gems won't level any further. And if you have them it's easy to get stuck to them, because equipping an otherwise better item may result in gems that aren't usable anymore.

You also should weigh the pros and cons: Eg. is it really a good choice for a caster build to get +25% max life, flat +30 max life and the +1% regen in the templar area for the sacrifice of two useless points in weapon elemental damage, when another path would increase max life by 40%, add fire resistance and for less amount of skill points:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37DfiukCS64bJdlbbRkI9BFQwFQ1uWpDvOqnKx1PLR9MswQHKw2us4PbHwJCS0GWVcYyNDbFhcUFQtD1Oljk7Ngk374snKyYdhGnCPfXEQ-4k52uhEh-r-vuGmznC1xrjRko-tWBmuDkIhZvJ2HDbeASgsdXyYVtRZ0kqgbp877ZX_noDXwk2FNSNundjEGH42r60rc-Fy_-CobR2L0ksICkjmT3prb68kU64aZX_o9N41OlDF8cp8auUWBPfYBWfuKplbjKO3wPxKKjwfOVIDWAXyrr5GaewBqQVaeEGjhZ86yqJ-38S2wWhxk=

From my experiences with builds at around level 65 when one gets into Act 3 merciless, they will start to reveal their weaknesses.

As a caster I also recommend to have at least one or better two possibilities to be able to keep the mob's attention away from you. Be it minions (all except raging spirits), be it totems. All totem gems require strength, some of the best support gems for minions require strength or dexterity, like Faster Attacks or Multistrike.
And one of the most effective ways to get tankyness as a caster imho is to place a frost wall spell totem.
"
Salumba wrote:
Using the build planner in theory is always interesting, but whether a build is viable or not, only active leveling will show. Regarding your tree: I guess you'll get a problem with gems that require dexterity and there are quite a few very useful ones like Herald of Ice or added Cold damage, Culling Strike or Blind, Mana Leech and so on. Also strength seems too low. If you don't have items that grant you enough attribute points, many gems won't level any further. And if you have them it's easy to get stuck to them, because equipping an otherwise better item may result in gems that aren't usable anymore.

You also should weigh the pros and cons: Eg. is it really a good choice for a caster build to get +25% max life, flat +30 max life and the +1% regen in the templar area for the sacrifice of two useless points in weapon elemental damage, when another path would increase max life by 40%, add fire resistance and for less amount of skill points:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37DfiukCS64bJdlbbRkI9BFQwFQ1uWpDvOqnKx1PLR9MswQHKw2us4PbHwJCS0GWVcYyNDbFhcUFQtD1Oljk7Ngk374snKyYdhGnCPfXEQ-4k52uhEh-r-vuGmznC1xrjRko-tWBmuDkIhZvJ2HDbeASgsdXyYVtRZ0kqgbp877ZX_noDXwk2FNSNundjEGH42r60rc-Fy_-CobR2L0ksICkjmT3prb68kU64aZX_o9N41OlDF8cp8auUWBPfYBWfuKplbjKO3wPxKKjwfOVIDWAXyrr5GaewBqQVaeEGjhZ86yqJ-38S2wWhxk=

From my experiences with builds at around level 65 when one gets into Act 3 merciless, they will start to reveal their weaknesses.

As a caster I also recommend to have at least one or better two possibilities to be able to keep the mob's attention away from you. Be it minions (all except raging spirits), be it totems. All totem gems require strength, some of the best support gems for minions require strength or dexterity, like Faster Attacks or Multistrike.
And one of the most effective ways to get tankyness as a caster imho is to place a frost wall spell totem.

Hm i kinda don't need dex since i have no space for more reserve mana besides disciple clarity and tempest shield, for reflect maps if needed i might change disciple for purity of lightning.
keep in mind this is my way of as Vexcid's build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/997183 i changed from flameblast to arc crit + another route taking more life and life reg. in this tree route there a 30+ str node, and if needed some 10str nodes in the way
i looked into your recomendations but your path would make me have less reg and less hp, and thats a big part of the build being super tanky and still being able to clean up fast and easy.

I'm trying out the build in beyond league i will post my progress of the dps + tankyness. thinking about taking life leech with tempest shield might make me almost immortal. thank you for your time helping my thoughts on this beta build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info