Dual wielding 2h weapons/2h wep and shield

Keystone: berserker's fury

What does everyone think about a keystone for allowing the use of dual wielding 2h weapons/ 2h weapon and a shield? It could bring a lot of high damage builds with that added defense to the table. However it screams overpowered so there will have to be a balanced negative effect from this node.

Finding the perfect medium will be rough, The only things i can think of are If dual wielding 2 2h weapons, damage from off hand weapon is reduced by half, and sockets on the off hand weapon have no effect.

For using a 2h and a shield the negative effect of the skill node would be close to the same of the dual wielding version, defensive stats of the shield are reduced by half/sockets in shield have no effect.

But i write this here to see what the community thinks about the possibility of this keystone.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's been ages since I played D2, and I never invested too much time in it.
But wasn't it in there?
And wasn't it done in a way that the damage was severly reduced, so you were actually just holding "a onehander that looks like a twohander"?

Due to the idea of sockets in PoE, this will not work.

Dualwield/1h+Shield has two three-links.
A twohander can have a 6L. That's more than twice as good, and you know that.
So saying "offhand/shield has no sockets" would not balance this.

If you want to dualwield twohanders, use the unique "Wings of Entropy".
If you want block on your twohander, use a staff and block nodes/gear.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 30, 2014, 4:33:41 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
It's been ages since I played D2, and I never invested too much time in it.
But wasn't it in there?
And wasn't it done in a way that the damage was severly reduced, so you were actually just holding "a onehander that looks like a twohander"?

Due to the idea of sockets in PoE, this will not work.

Dualwield/1h+Shield has two three-links.
A twohander can have a 6L. That's more than twice as good, and you know that.
So saying "offhand/shield has no sockets" would not balance this.

If you want to dualwield twohanders, use the unique "Wings of Entropy".
If you want block on your twohander, use a staff and block nodes/gear.

can use 2hands weapons in 1 hand
60% less attack and cast speed

that sounds fair to me
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom wrote:

that sounds fair to me

I doubt you wanna see "three 6L summoners". ;)
...which is the first thing that comes to mind.

Maybe:
"Can equip twohanders in one hand.
Cannot equip chest piece or bringer of rain.
Cannot block attacks."
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 30, 2014, 8:42:19 AM
I've seen others request this, and yes, its essentially wielding a 2h weapon in a single hand.

Damage wise it can be made fair if damage/accuracy/attack speed get nerfed in this arrangement, and it might seem natural that doing such would have a doubled or etc strength requirement.

Sockets is another interesting point. I believe that in Acts 4 thru 10, we'll potentially gain more sockts and/or more socket features. But in general, to make this reasonably fair, 1handers might need to say be 5L-able, such that dual wielding two 1 handers wasn't too op in this area. (I'm predicting (wildly speculating) we'll eventually see 7L 2 handers and 5L one handers, in say Act 5-7. This is just a prediction that over time some of the current systems will be expanded in some of the simplest ways, as well as other more complex ways.)

Back to damage, if you can say half crit chance, and half accuracy, you might not have to actually significantly hurt damage or attack speed, if a 2hander without crit isn't better than say crit daggers. But again, as others have said, there is a potential gem/socket/links consideration here as well.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Oct 30, 2014, 9:44:03 AM
pretty much what everyone said is good balancing options, would be awesome to see something like this added to the game,i would imagine a lot of you would agree.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
caboom wrote:

that sounds fair to me

I doubt you wanna see "three 6L summoners". ;)
...which is the first thing that comes to mind.

Maybe:
"Can equip twohanders in one hand.
Cannot equip chest piece or bringer of rain.
Cannot block attacks."

put it in the marauder edge and summoners would need to blow like 15 points just to get it, that or put it behind blood magic, that should be enought of a drawback.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info