EK + Herald of Ash

I am not getting the overkill burns from Herald of Ash when using EK? Is this normal?
If it is, what Heralds would you use with a crit oriented EK?

Thanks
"...if you kill an enemy with an attack..."
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
ah I see now, but then is HoF best for EK or maybe ice and thunder are better?
HoF is best when you are going for raw damage output per cast, HoI or HoT might be better if your going for cast speed + echo route maximizing on speed.

(arguably, HoI + hatred on a crit based EK could also function to cover large AOE clear speeds)

So in short, depends on the build and set-up entirely.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
HoF is best when you are going for raw damage output per cast, HoI or HoT might be better if your going for cast speed + echo route maximizing on speed.

...Not really? If Ash adds more Damage without FC + Echo, it also adds more Damage with FC + Echo. Cast Speed doesn't somehow negatively impact relative Damage bonuses, nor does it have a stronger impact on flat Damage.
"
Kranyum wrote:

HoA is a nice dps skill to use with EK, but, since EK is a spell, you won't get any explosions. HoI gives slightly less dps than HoA (at least with my EK build), but it makes up for it with its explosion damage. I haven't tried HoT yet, but I imagine that will give the lowest dps with the upside being that you can instantly curse enemies if you link it to CoH and your favorite curse.

My build for reference: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885713

I like HoI (linked to Increased Area of Effect) over HoA, but the better choice depends on the dps difference with your build. The tooltip difference is so small in mine that HoI is the smarter (and more fun) choice since it can do area damage on top of the damage added to EK. If easy application of curses is important to you, HoT may be the best option.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Vipermagi wrote:
...Not really? If Ash adds more Damage without FC + Echo, it also adds more Damage with FC + Echo. Cast Speed doesn't somehow negatively impact relative Damage bonuses, nor does it have a stronger impact on flat Damage.

This depends on interpretation of efficiency.

Imagine i can one shot stuff with HoF, without cast speed increases, this would be considered efficient.

Now if i link in HoI, and i require 2 cast's for the same result (monster dead) then i lost efficiency.

That's what i was aiming at with my post.

Your are correct do, HoF will most likely trump most scenario's because of it's flat addition on physical, however like i mentioned with hatred and freeze's HoI could potentially be worth it if you have issue's with AOE clear speed and not with single target.

(i don't like to dismiss scenario's, that's why i worded it the way i did)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Kranyum wrote:

HoA is a nice dps skill to use with EK, but, since EK is a spell, you won't get any explosions. HoI gives slightly less dps than HoA (at least with my EK build), but it makes up for it with its explosion damage. I haven't tried HoT yet, but I imagine that will give the lowest dps with the upside being that you can instantly curse enemies if you link it to CoH and your favorite curse.

My build for reference: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885713

I like HoI (linked to Increased Area of Effect) over HoA, but the better choice depends on the dps difference with your build. The tooltip difference is so small in mine that HoI is the smarter (and more fun) choice since it can do area damage on top of the damage added to EK. If easy application of curses is important to you, HoT may be the best option.

how do you kill bosses with EK, my build seems to take ages so far.
"
Kranyum wrote:
how do you kill bosses with EK, my build seems to take ages so far.

Early on it can take a bit of patience. What level are you? And your gems? EK doesn't get really good until all your gems are mostly leveled. Do you use any curses, like Projectile Weakness? That helps. What about auras? Do you use Alpha's Howl?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
HoA: get a lot of fire damage, but no additional on kill effect like the other herald.

HoI: base damage added is small compared to Hatred and that's not even taking into account the 50% damage effectiveness, however the on kill affect is very valuable.

HoT: both components are semi-useful and you might be able to shock things as a crit build without 3Dragons.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Oct 29, 2014, 10:28:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info