Lava lash and burning damage

Burning damage is affected by fire damage modifiers. Lets say i hit someone with a critical fire damage, the hit will gain the bonus from fire damage modifiers, then the ignite will additionally gain the bonus from fire damage modifiers(according to wiki). Will Lava lash affect it the same way? Both increasing the initial hit damage and the following ignite damage(assuming it did a critical strike or by chance of ignite)? Hope i was clear enough!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Nope.

There's four base Damage types: Attack, Spell, Damage over Time and secondary. These are mutually exclusive.
'With Weapons' is a synonym for Attack Damage. A modifier to Attack Damage can never apply to Damage over Time, because they're both base types.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Nope.

There's four base Damage types: Attack, Spell, Damage over Time and secondary. These are mutually exclusive.
'With Weapons' is a synonym for Attack Damage. A modifier to Attack Damage can never apply to Damage over Time, because they're both base types.
Isn't there a subset of DoT effects which inherits the Attack/Spell designation?

I could have sworn there was.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Same answer: Nope. :)
You might be thinking of Poison Arrow's cloud, which inherits the Projectile tag? That's the most similar (but not the same!) that I can think of off the top of my head.
That's right. Projectile% increases the cloud's damage. Why the does it do that when it's completely different from how everything else in the game works? Who the fuck knows why?!

Rain of Arrows isn't a Projectile, but it deals Projectile Damage.

Anyhow. PA's cloud deals Projectile Damage because it's Damage over Time applied via a Projectile. Simple as that. It also means you can actually scale the arrow and the cloud simultaneously, but why would you want that.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Rain of Arrows isn't a Projectile, but it deals Projectile Damage.

Anyhow. PA's cloud deals Projectile Damage because it's Damage over Time applied via a Projectile. Simple as that. It also means you can actually scale the arrow and the cloud simultaneously, but why would you want that.
Because arrow damage?

:P
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info