Why my poe client redownload 5.4 GB for the patch 1.2.4b ?

Hi all,

I've played POE this morning and it tooks 5 min to install the new patch 1.2.4b

This evening i want to play again, and POE is reinstalling again the 1.2.4b patch but this time , it re download all (5.4 GB)

It is really annoying.

I can't play and it will take a while for redownloading all game.

Am I alone in this cas, why a such behaviuour ?

It is the 1st time it happens since i've installed this game (janv 2013)

regards
Chris
Last edited by sapman78 on Oct 28, 2014, 3:45:24 PM
It depends on how you're running it and what might have changed in your configuration.

Most of the time it wants to install the whole thing again, it's because of a change to launch procedures or "working path".
Hi drakier,

Well it is working this morning.

I haven't change anything on my hardware but just for sharing this worning when the update process was finished, my AVG anti virus has pop an alert on:
c:\windows\SysWOW64\PathOfExile.tmp

I 've add it on my exception list.

My AVG free edition 2014 have been updated to AVG free edition 2015 this week end and i've played with this update since 2 or 3 days, i don't why i had this problem only yesterday night.

I've also tryed on monday an option when launching path of exile, i've choose the processor affinity in order to have more fram per seconds and less spike. I've seen this option in reddit forum. Maybe it count has an hardware change ....

Well thanks for your help , i have only 1H to play before work !!!!

Let's bash some mobs.

Regards
Chris
Ok... That's bad. That means it's trying to run PoE from your windows system directory... Which means it put installation files in there as well. This is likely because your shortcut lost its working path/folder/directory.

How are you launching PoE? Are you using the normal shortcut? If so, can you check the shortcut to make sure all the options there for the working directory are set right?
No i run POE in a separate SSD disk (to have decent performance on POE)

J:\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile

and my shortcut is :

"J:\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe"
working directory:
"J:\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile"

It is just the update process which have create two files on:
c:\windows\SysWOW64\PathOfExile.tmp and pathofexile.exe (28/10/2014 20h46)
The two files still here with yesterday (update date)

maybe it because of AVG detection , it sounds strange because AVG have a dedicated quarantaine folder

But all is ok now.

I have to go work know :-)

Have a nice day !

Chris
Just keep am eye on that folder and make sure it's not putting ANY PoE file in it. If it is, something isn't working right in your setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info