Extra Characters Slots

I cannot create new characters anymore since I hit the limit (maybe I've been playing too much?), and surprisingly that was the straw that broke the camels back, at least for me. Since i cannot create and try out new toons, I've finally got burned out and lost interest.

So, my suggestion:

Maybe we could get a new characters slot for each toon we get to lvl 70?

I understand that i can always buy a new slot, but they are expensive and I'm talking about a more diffuse perception, the perception that I have an incredible sandbox to play with, but I cannot, because my decisions when building a new toon are much more relevante, not only timewise, but because it is using precious toon slots. It curbs my disposition to try new things.

Anyway, thats what happened to me and my drive to play PoE. If i had more slot-freedom I would keep coming back.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Congrats. It's pretty hard to hit the limit. Racing can certainly help, but most people wouldn't know there even is one. But, wouldn't you say the limit is also pretty generous? I think like 25?

I'm perfectly fine with a free way to earn things that are otherwise sold, but I'm also perfectly fine supporting the game as well.

But I agree, $3 for an extra character slot isn't exciting. If you are hitting the limit you'd probably like to see a deal on 5 or 10 extra slots. Perhaps 10 slots for $15 would be interesting, especially if they further run a deal on it occasionally towards $10 for 10. Then 5 character slots could be $8.

But, back on the most people wouldn't know there is a limit topic, this might be an item that previously hasn't yet had much demand. Then again, as time goes on, this might start becoming a more popular concept.

Another option would be to occasionally throw say 1-5 in for free in the seasonal packs.
I can delete lower lvl toons that i have, but that would only give me 2 to 3 slots (i already deleted some older/lower lvls). I just cannot make myself delete 60+ toons, even if they are siting on standard league. Too much time invested and I tend to get attached to things.

As I said, its not a matter of needing that extra slot for a specific build, but more about thinking about a build and not having to worry if its a good enough idea to use one of my last slots. Thats why i suggested giving an extra slot when you reach lvl 70, so you can limit any kind of abuse, reward players that really play the game and dont hinder my enjoyment when playing/thinking about PoE.
They occasionally let you reset all passives on all your characters, due to vast passive tree changes, so you can re-spec some characters that weren't as good as you wanted them to be.

If they are going to add some solutions to let players easily have even more character slots, they might as well not sell character slots to begin with.
I´ve been around for some time, I know about the passive resets, thats beyond my point.

and its clear that GGG needs the microtransactions to live, but I really dont think toon slots are a major source of income.

anyway, my specific case is rarer, I know, but it´s a valid customer experience that GGG may want to tackle.
"
mhyoung wrote:
I cannot create new characters anymore since I hit the limit (maybe I've been playing too much?), and surprisingly that was the straw that broke the camels back, at least for me. Since i cannot create and try out new toons, I've finally got burned out and lost interest.

So, my suggestion:

Maybe we could get a new characters slot for each toon we get to lvl 70?

I understand that i can always buy a new slot, but they are expensive and I'm talking about a more diffuse perception, the perception that I have an incredible sandbox to play with, but I cannot, because my decisions when building a new toon are much more relevante, not only timewise, but because it is using precious toon slots. It curbs my disposition to try new things.

Anyway, thats what happened to me and my drive to play PoE. If i had more slot-freedom I would keep coming back.

You do realize you can get 24 slots for totally free, right? Mule account.

If you want to use your MTXes, then you must do one of the following:

1. Spend a tiny bit more to get a few more slots. This is not a problem since you've bought stuff before.

2. Delete the character you play least or won't play for a while. Make sure nothing is on them when you delete them. If you can level 24 characters to where you get bored of them, which is about level 90, then deleting one shouldn't be a problem.
Such a funny thing how a game that encourages you to create multiple characters and continuously releasing leagues and races for it has its limit, like if everyone is willing to delete a level 100 character to start a new one from scratch.
Last edited by Samkiud on Oct 28, 2014, 8:21:08 PM
"
Samkiud wrote:
Such a funny thing how a game that encourages you to create multiple characters and continuously releasing leagues and races for it has its limit, like if everyone is willing to delete a level 100 character to start a new one from scratch.

So you'd rather have a game where you can have people that essentially DDOS the game by making so many characters that their servers overload?

Nice to know you want a game to die.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:

So you'd rather have a game where you can have people that essentially DDOS the game by making so many characters that their servers overload?

No, but there should be a system that reward you for deleting a character level 100 simply because you reach the limit of characters created and want to create a new one for keeping playing, talking of course about a worst case scenario, hardcore players (or old players) that have beaten the game so many tiems. Remember that replayability is the key. Like a Spirit System resulting in the Ultimatum Level Account or something, I don't know.
Last edited by Samkiud on Oct 29, 2014, 2:48:56 AM
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:

No, but there should be a system that reward you for deleting a character level 100 simply because you reach the limit of characters created and want to create a new one for keeping playing, talking of course about a worst case scenario, hardcore players (or old players) that have beaten the game so many tiems. Remember that replayability is the key. Like a Spirit System resulting in the Ultimatum Level Account or something, I don't know.

The thing is that games like this have very limited replayability. That's the downside to ARPGs, and followed closely by the "grind your eyes to the sockets" fighting.

You seem to be under the impression that deleting a high level character should yield rewards. The character itself was the reward, especially getting to 90+.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info