Bots Banned, Baby

"
The XXXXXXXXX team has posted a short notice on the official site letting players know that, at least as of this writing, several thousand accounts have been banned for utilizing third party programs, or "bots", to play the game. These accounts are banned until 2015.

"
As we’ve stated, fair play is at the core of the XXXXXXXX experience, and cheating and botting will not be tolerated.

We’re committed to creating a fun and rewarding environment for our players, and we will continue to closely monitor activities within XXXXXXXXXX and take appropriate action against cheating in any form, as outlined in our Terms of Use. From this point on, accounts found to be cheating will be permanently closed without warning.

If you believe that you’ve encountered a possible bot or other form of exploitation, please let us know by emailing our Hacks team at hacks@XXXXXXXXXX.com.

Dunno if we are allowed to post other games news/links so I changed those names with xxx. Anyhow wouldn't be nice if GGG would pull something like this? Or maybe they are afraid that banning 90% + accounts would be bad for business lol?
Last edited by Sidad on Oct 27, 2014, 11:32:23 PM
Last edited by Sidad on Oct 27, 2014, 11:33:44 PM
"
what did I just read

you read that?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Nah it wouldn't be good for GGG to focus too much on hackers. They cant win but at least
little sweeps from time to time would be nice.
Last edited by Sidad on Oct 27, 2014, 11:46:09 PM
"
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
what did I just read

you read that?

All the mysterious X's drew my attention

Or you just got scared and rushed to check it out? lol Sorry for scare. Wish it was April 1st.
I laugh at the envious rage focused on bots.

Reminds me of grade school jocks banding together to beat up the smart kid because... because hes better.

If you have some ingrained desire to be better then others and attack/sabotage them in order to achieve your goals, you dont deserve to be anything other than the worst.

Just because your attacks are on the social level doesnt make them any less barbaric or immoral.

All that being said: i will admit that those whom break the rules of a game do have an unfair advantage and do not condone botting where it is specifically prohibited. But i stress that is ONLY because of the 'rules', not that botting itself is unfair.

But i also think that rules should only be written to prevent harm. True authority stems from a common good, not from enforcement. And certainly not from public opinion.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Oct 28, 2014, 4:52:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info