[Seeking Build Help] Deciding the gems for this build

This build will probably be built in Standard, btw. I don't play HC that much. my train of thought will probably revolve around this.

tl;dr:
looking for ways to sustain mana consumption and mitigate reflect damage with a pure elemental attack build without modifying gem links

I was currently whipping up a Groundslam build, when I noticed something and did, well...
This.
to those too lazy to click the link, important part is 325% Two handed mace damage, 133% Fire Damage and Avatar of fire, with probably an average amount of life. I'm going Kaom's. sue me.

Weapon of choice would be Marohi Erqi. a yellow 2H would be fine though.

Initial main skill links are: Infernal Blow - Melee phys - Wed - Multistrike - Fire Penetration. Assume I will never get a 6L. Gems were selected due to all of them being DPS multipliers.

I didn't want to use molten strike because by experience it doesn't fare too well single target.

I decided to keep the AOE nodes because if I go infernal blow with this build (best fit for this build), it will double dip with the AOE explosion damage and the melee splash. Marohi's AoE gem modifier would do the same as well.

anyway, onto the problem. I have two main issues with this build.

first is sustainability. not using any physical damage will probably require me to use a mana leech gem, probably sacrificing Fire Penetration (Which I don't want to do). do any of you guys think that mana pots alone could sustain it?

Using a mana leech gem offers a second problem: Reflect; Being I have to pick a choice between Life Leech, Mana Leech, and Fire Penetration. ruby flask counters Reflect pretty nicely, but I don't like to rely on flasks so much. I could probably get fire leech on belt and corrupted amulet,
but aside from that there's nothing else.

I had plans of using a CWDT - Warlord's Mark setup, but it feels so clunky, relying on you to take damage first in order to sustain clearspeed.

Any other thoughts on the build are welcome, though I would like to keep the current damage percentages I mentioned.

Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
You building a groundslam or infernal blow build???
You took a lot of fire nodes like the Arsonist cluster and the Heart of Flame one, so I suggest to use a Searing Bond setup too. SB+Increased Burning Damage+Minion and Totem Resistance should be enough. Because SB technically doesn't hit, it won't be affected by reflect.
How much damage is AoF? You could simply drop it and grab Blood Magic, now reflect is more manageable, you got a free Gem slot, since you can use life leech from gear, mana problems also solved.
IGN - Peonsius
my characters/739743 - standard shop/511367

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info