Ice/Chaos Nova - 4 minute Strand - 16.8k DPS (5L)

Video of Strand map.

16.8k DPS with all power charges up, and my gems are not 20/20 yet.

I've been trying for a very long time to make a fun/effective Ice Nova build. While my gear/gems are not BIS (not max level, only 5L, etc.), this build has served me well so far. Cleared a Strand map in around 4 minutes. I don't plan on doing a full-fledged guide on this, because it's just a "for fun" build, but I'll put the barebones below.

Gem Setup
Ice Nova
-Echo
-Added Chaos
-Faster Casting
-Conc
--Arctic Armor

-Glacial Cascade (Geofri's Crest)
-Empower
-Echo
-Faster Casting

Ice Nova
-PCoC
-Curse on Hit
-Assassin's Mark

Herald of Thunder
-Faster Casting
-Life Leech
-Reduced Mana

-Discipline
-Clarity
-RMC

Lightning Warp
-Reduced Duration
-Elemental Proliferation

Bandits:
Life->Skill Point->Power Charge

You'll notice I tend to shock things frequently, and Lightning Warp actually makes for a pretty solid skill to jump into the middle of enemies (it's fast, it does quite a bit of damage, and it shocks everything). I follow up with a Curse on Hit Ice Nova to renew my Power Charges, then I finish off the pack by popping my 5L Ice Nova once or twice. Very fast/fun, and the AoE lets it cover the majority of my screen.

Elemental Reflect could be easily covered by replacing the hybrid flask with a Cold Resistance flask. I haven't upgraded my flask set since level 60, but it definitely needs work.

You could swap Carcass Jack for Cloak of Defiance if you prefer the defense over the increased AoE (recommended for HC). Leveling is pretty easy/straightforward. Ice Nova is solid unsupported until about level 35 or so. Glacial Cascade makes a good boss killer.

Added Chaos almost doubles the base damage of Ice Nova, so it's better than supports like Cold Penetration. I have mostly spell/aoe increases and not elemental increases for this reason. It also means reflect is less of a problem.

102 point originally planned tree.
96 PT Tree (Level 78 at the time of posting this)

Gear
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Oct 27, 2014, 2:37:24 PM
Updated with additional info :)
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
You put very little points into block chance and yet you use a Rathpit. Wouldnt a spell dmg + spell crit shield be better?
"
MightbeHappy wrote:
You put very little points into block chance and yet you use a Rathpit. Wouldnt a spell dmg + spell crit shield be better?

If I had one, probably so. Like I said, I don't have BIS gear. The Rathpith does help a bit with reflect though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info