Almost there dagger, what should I do with it?

This dropped for me while doing merciless Fellshrine xp runs. It's probably the best item that's ever dropped for me, and I'm wondering what I should do with it.

Should I try and sell it as is (is it even worth anything?), or wait until I have the currency to Divine Orb it and hope to get better rolls?

I tested it, and I can still add a mod with Vagan's sharpening wheel, but can I still Divine Orb a master modified item? Or should I try Exalt Orbing it? Hoping for crit chance.

Thanks.
To be honest, that dagger won't sell for anything.

It's still a great dagger and definitely would be an upgrade for weapons whilst you're levelling up. That's what I would do - keep it and use it when you're levelling up some characters.

Do NOT use a divine or exalted orb on it. Feel free to craft something useful on it with a master though - I would probably go for crit chance if you have room.
I would let Vagan Sharpen it and use it. With a base level of i59-61 its its not going to be worth exalting or divining. Too low.
"
Mivvi wrote:
To be honest, that dagger won't sell for anything.

It's still a great dagger and definitely would be an upgrade for weapons whilst you're levelling up. That's what I would do - keep it and use it when you're levelling up some characters.

Do NOT use a divine or exalted orb on it. Feel free to craft something useful on it with a master though - I would probably go for crit chance if you have room.

spot on
"
Mivvi wrote:
Its still a great dagger and definitely would be an upgrade for weapons whilst you're levelling up. That's what I would do - keep it and use it when you're levelling up some characters.

Hear. hear. You have a smex leveling dagger. Also, whetstone that up to 20%, eh?
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Oct 26, 2014, 4:30:45 AM
Craft crit chance on it. That's what boosts daggers and wands dps the most.
I have a 68- 278 physical damage dagger with 6.2 crit chance and 1.2 aps, and its weaker than a Binos on my flicker striker.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
Wait until 1.4. The phrase used on reddit was "massive rebalancing". I'd really wait and see what that brings before dumping a lot of currency on an item.

GGG has embraced power creep. That means that orbs will go up in value, and that items will go down. Unless you can predict the future, and want to gamble on that guess... I'd wait and see.
"
tachiKC wrote:

I tested it, and I can still add a mod with Vagan's sharpening wheel, but can I still Divine Orb a master modified item? Or should I try Exalt Orbing it? Hoping for crit chance.

Thanks.

Assuming the "54% damage, 62 accuracy" is one hybrid affix, Vagan can add 60-79% damage or 22-27% Crit chance (not both, of course).
Decide for yourself, it's both a good choice.

Do not Divine or Exalt this however unless you feel "Yolo".
It's not worth it divining/exalting an item that isn't worth much more than Divines/Exalteds.
Especially because it is only an iLvl 60 item.

It has potential to be very valuable if you are lucky enough to exalt one of the two missing stats with a good roll, but the chances for that happening are horribly low.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info