How to increase wrath damage on minions?

Hi guys, I was wondering if it is possible to increase the damage that Wrath gives to my minions other than simply leveling the gem and adding gem quality. After a bit of reading, I know that wrath is an Aura skill, and I have actually tried adding pasives like lightning damage and aura effects but it didnt seem to do anything to the damge on the tooltip. The only nodes I having tried was the Buff effects nodes but according to wiki it only affects myself. Any confirmation or clarification would be great :) Thx
Increased Effect of Auras and Minion Damage both improve Wrath's Damage output.
(also, Hatred is almost always stronger)

Increased Effect does not show up on the tooltip to prevent confusion with regards to stacking modifiers. Increased Effect of Auras and of-Buffs stacks additively, but the sum of these modifiers is not universal across all targets under the Aura's effect.
Aura effect nodes work as normal, even if the tooltip doesn't show it.

Other way to increase it is by 'minion damage' boosts, either by passives or minion damage gem, they affect all damage a minion does regardless of origin or element.

You can also choose to scale their dps via attack speed, by usage of faster attacks gem, haste aura, multistrike or flesh offering.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 25, 2014, 1:40:18 PM
Thx for the useful replies :)
I would ditch wrath and go with hatred, use arc to curse on hit, double curse is best with elemental weakness and vulnerability and pick up elemental equilibrium...if you have a shav's and go low life you could also pick up haste!

Arc will cause EE to kick in and reduce enemy resist by 50%, ontop of elemental weakness dropping it another 39% and Vulnerability with cause enemies to take 29% increased physical dmg! This is best used with zombies + Undying Evangelist because they both deal physical dmg and take advantage of everything your tossing at them, instead of just one or the other...they work best with added fire support coupled with added physical support! Because you are reducing fire and cold resist and also causing enemies to take increased physical dmg...hatred is used for the same fact, because your reducing the resist! On your zombies you would also us multistrike, and on undying evangelist you would use spell echo.

I recommend you run your hatred aura on generosity cause it will boost the aura for your minions, but you will get nothing which is fine! Worry about haste if you ever go low life which would also go on a generosity gem for the full benefit, but without a shavs its risky cause unless you get you chaos resist to lets say at least 50% you will risk dying! And depending on how much life you got left you could still die if you get hit with a large burst, very risky!

The 2 other typical aura's is discipline and purity, at least until you can run low life!

This is my build at the moment, lvl87
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Oct 26, 2014, 11:51:47 AM
Thx for the info Justin, very useful too :)
Feel free to include more summoner builds here guys ;)
Another question, will +elemental damage passive skill nodes (Such as +fire and ice damage) increase the damage on minions with Anger or Hatre?
Nope. Modifiers need to specifically mention they apply to Minions for them to benefit.
Aura Effect applies to your Aura, and the Aura then applies to Minions. Increased Fire Damage applies to your Fire Damage, but that does not transfer to your Minions.
Simple answer: Haste

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, nor do I care because I didn't bother to read through all of the responses, but Wrath and Anger are flat elemental damage, rather than scaling off of physical damage like Hatred does. So the best way to increase that damage is to multiply it by using Haste.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Nope. Modifiers need to specifically mention they apply to Minions for them to benefit.
Aura Effect applies to your Aura, and the Aura then applies to Minions. Increased Fire Damage applies to your Fire Damage, but that does not transfer to your Minions.

I'm assuming that you're referring to the 'increased effect of auras you cast' nodes. In which case, they do not simply improve the effect of auras that that apply directly to your character, but the effectiveness of those auras overall, therefore boosting the effectiveness experienced by them from party members and minions (who are essentially treated as party members themselves regarding auras)(which is why they receive charges when you use Conduit).
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Oct 27, 2014, 1:19:19 AM
"
JNF wrote:
In which case, they do not simply improve the effect of auras that that apply directly to your character, but the effectiveness of those auras overall[..]

...Yeah, that's what I said. :/ You said you didn't read the whole thread, but did you at least read my whole post.

"
JNF wrote:
([Minions] are essentially treated as party members themselves regarding auras)(which is why they receive charges when you use Conduit).

Minions are not Party members under any circumstance. They do not receive Charges through Conduit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info