Marauders and Duelist are behind the ranged classes

Marauders and duelist aren't at the moment on equal footing with ranged classes. They have less survivability than ranged, who gets a lot of survivability out of doing more damage and just the fact that they are ranged. They do more damage since they can crit easier with their gear and passives, which melee can't afford. Since melee often gets forced in the current patch to dual wielding block or block in general while ranged classes have enough damage mitigation just from lightning coil and the fact that they're ranged and do more damage.

The damage of skills such as dual strike needs to go up therefore or the survivability nodes deep in the marauder / duelist tree need slight buffs to make them more desirable (this is especially the case with marauders who don't have much to offer).

Another thing that can be done is reworking armor so that it matters. Because as of currently if you have flasked 30k armor, you still only negate 2500 damage. In higher level maps physical damage hits of 6-9k aren't a surprise, especially when the map has damage buffs.

Armor should be fully % based and should correlate with the level of the map with a cap at 75% reduction (that cap would be difficult to reach). This way you can make it level based on the level that the map is that you're running (so you don't lose armor as you level or anything if it's % based in a formula). I don't know the finer details of this, but it should make armor more desirable since at the moment I get way more damage mitigation out of just having evasion armor than when I stack armor with iron reflexes + armor nodes. So it's a bit of an useless stat currently and a buff would make melee builds probably more in line with rangers and witches who are currently a lot better in the current patch which removed a lot of hp % nodes on the 2 classes as well as upping the difficulty of every map.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
On another front, the sky is blue and the ocean is wet.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
On another front, the sky is blue and the ocean is wet.

So why are there only witches rangers and templars who mainly use ranged abilities in the top 100 in beyond league?
Because it's far easier to play the game that way. Why does anyone need to explain this to you?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Because it's far easier to play the game that way. Why does anyone need to explain this to you?

Then don't cynically post 'the grass is always greener on the other side' nonsense.

If other classes are far easier to play (and due to it better choices) than there is a sign of imbalance. Why does anyone need to explain this to you?

"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Then don't cynically post 'the grass is always greener on the other side' nonsense.

If other classes are far easier to play (and due to it better choices) than there is a sign of imbalance. Why does anyone need to explain this to you?

Well, they are behind in more areas. But marauder is the best class for say, RF. They have a few strenghts remaining!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info