How will Rampage/Beyond features be incorporated into Standard?

Beta phase is almost over, soon glorious Standard will assimilate the test leagues and grow stronger than ever before. But how do you think will GGG deal with the rampage mechanic and demons from beyond?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
Beta phase is almost over, soon glorious Standard will assimilate the test leagues and grow stronger than ever before. But how do you think will GGG deal with the rampage mechanic and demons from beyond?

Simple answer : They don't have to be implemented and they will never be .

BUT you still have the Zana machine option to play both on demand for a small fee .

I hope that cleared it up for you .
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Oct 24, 2014, 10:03:53 AM
Zana map mods.
The existence of this allows for all future leagues to be very gimmicky and not necessarily compatible with the base game.

Which IMO isn't really a bad thing.
Between Rogue Exiles, Nemesis, Masters, Corrupted Zone, Shrine and Strongboxes, the base game has quite enough "random generated" content going on.
Any more and it'll be either too cluttered or too spread out.
...Or they could go the traditional route and introduce both rampage and beyond mechanics as permanent features. They're free to tweak it afterwards anyway. for example, the beyond portals could spawn less and the rampage tiers could be adjusted to higher killstreaks.

but who knows what GGG will really do. :P
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
OR , remove shrines , whats the point when i finding them in the end of instance =I

btw rampage sucks
Last edited by wordfree on Oct 24, 2014, 10:20:14 AM
"
lemonades wrote:

Between Rogue Exiles, Nemesis, Masters, Corrupted Zone, Shrine and Strongboxes, the base game has quite enough "random generated" content going on.
Any more and it'll be either too cluttered or too spread out.

Disagree. These things help keep the game fresh but they grow stale after a while so I hope they keep adding more (at a reduced spawn frequency ofc).
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
The Rampage and Beyond content were made with minimal effort so they can focus on the Masters system. I don't see them putting the features of these leagues in permanently with the exception of Zana map system or as a rolled map mod. I do agree that there are becoming too many RNG elements in the game.

I wouldn't mind large chests returning as the only strongboxes, shrines being removed, and corrupted zones appear if large chests don't. I can't talk about the Masters system just yet because its still being tested by the community and we don't know what changes GGG has in store for it in the future.

I like the Nemesis system as is and the Rogue Exiles are a nice touch - there should be more of them appearing!
Last edited by ganimal on Oct 24, 2014, 10:39:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info