Curiosity about lag.

Atm i have play 135hours of path exile and this game is awesome but..

Lag / spike lag / rollback make this game veryhard to play (u all know result ... has been slay)

I have read a lot of post about lag and nothing to get a solution or futur patch to get better experience game.
And this post https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/506824/filter-account-type/staff

with this
"
Why some other games appear to not have similar problems
Games using the "wait until server responds" method (RTS and MOBA games) have much higher input latency but don't have the same sync issues that we do. They have their own class of game state synchronisation problems that we thankfully don't have to deal with.

Games using client action prediction like ours run into exactly the same sync issues that we do unless they cheat on certain aspects of the simulation. For example, it's common for Action RPGs to do some combination of the following:
Entities can hit each other from a long distance away
There's no chance to hit - all hits occur for sure
Various speed/collision concessions that make it easy to speedhack and/or walk through monsters with modified clients
Attack animations cannot be interrupted (i.e. what we treat as Stun).

Unfortunately, we don't want to do any of those things! They each individually ruin part of the hardcore experience: by allowing combat/movement cheats, preventing accuracy from existing as a mechanic, prevent stunlock, preventing people getting blocked in, etc.

Due to the fact that we want to have hardcore game mechanics (i.e. ones where position matters and it's difficult to cheat in PvP), the only option for us has been to put a lot of work into improving our combat simulation and resync code.

And dont tell me us hack&slash have lag/rollback or its our PC... i have played many hack&slash and i have never get lag.

So i want to know (and maybe an idea for futur patch maybe)

What do you want ?

1. A stable game without lag... and minority of hackers (with better anti hack)

or

2. Actual game with lag spike .... but no hackers

No cheaters (since they aren't the same thing as hackers). It's not JUST hacking but because of some of the game mechanics like "miss". In other games, you can't exactly "miss" the target if you are in range. Every swing connects and has a damage value associated. That's not the case in PoE.
Yes sure, i understand this concept but in opposite i have 2 maces with the keynode "Resolute Technique" (hit cant be evade , i think mobs can blocks my attack with this)
Now when i hit with the lag (lag regroup all spike , roll...) i dont have the feel of hitting or applying damage on right time , its very frustrating.
i havent do nothing on my pc but now there is no lag or rollback nothing,
its a real pleasure to play in this condition :)
welcome to the internet.

that's just one downfall of internet-based gaming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info