Looking for suggestions for a Season 9 Race build

Historically, I tend to play witch builds a lot, and I only play SC and I'm pretty slow in races.

Since I won't be winning any speed races, I think I'm better off looking at survivability with reasonable DPS. Witches can be pretty squishy early on, thus I'm looking to maybe try something different for a change.

So what I'm interested in this season is playing the same build in every race that I can participate in, hopefully getting better as I progress along.

Can anyone suggest a build they like, something with good survivability, but not painfully low damage, particularly something decent right put of the gate for short races?

-cheers
Spectral throw tends to be pretty strong, however it relies on you getting a decent weapon. I don't run it, however I believe the strategy is to look for a two handed axe with lots of damage and use that.

Personally, I like using Fire Trap and Freezing Pulse as a Shadow. Depending on the race, for this build you also hope to pick up Flame Surge after a while. Used together with Fire Trap, Flame Surge can output a lot of damage.

I also experimented some with Ethereal Knives in the Endless Ledge race. Initially I was underwhelmed, but I think the skill can actually clear pretty quick, especially with the right drops.

I'm no expert at racing, though, far from it, and you may want to look for second opinions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info