2h Molten Strike Marauder - Need recommendation.

I'm pretty much new to the game, I knew and loved it a long time ago but didnt really have time to invest in it until recently.

So, I'm thinking about a 2h Molten Strike Marauder Build. My idea is to get as high physical attack as possible to maximize the molten strike damage, and then grab Avatar of Fire when I have enough socket to put a Life leech gem into( until then I will use life gain on hit), as someone alr calculated that AoF give you more damage at the cost of 1 extra gem slot for Life leech.
Here is my current passive tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEADjwUcRkuIQInLyftMfsyfja6OlI9_FhjXz9nm26Xcql2f3uMfuB_44zPnlekrKyqvJ_G2NSP37_jn-RR6hjvDvIv8pz2SPcy97746w==

Here is my 60 point tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBCLEOPBRxGNcZLho-HKchAicvJ-0pLjH7Mn42ujboOlI8LT0PPfw__FOlVElYY1ivXz9nm26Xcql2f3gNe4x8uH31fuB_44cpjM-eV5_LpKysqrc-vJ_E9sauxtjUj9i937_jn-RR6GbqGO8O8azyL_Kc9kj3Mve--Ov-Cg==

Here is my 90 point tree: I resurected some nodes ofcourse (mainly those with life leech coz I grab AoF)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwIsQ48FHEW-RjXGS4aPhv6HKchAiFVJd8nLyftKS4s-zH7Mn426DkOOlI8LT0PPfw__EF0U6VUSVWpWGNYr1nzXz9mnm5pcql2K3Z_eA17jHy4ffV-4H_jgIqE2YZghymHaog4jM-QbJe0nYqeV5_LpBmkrKlzqZSsqqy6r423Pryfvoq-p8AawQTE9sauxtjYvdlh3D3cc9-_45_kUehm6hjvDvGs8i_2SPcy90346_4K

I grab dexterity nodes because of 2 reasons:
First, I want to use Axes, as they give best Physical damage, and because I grab Dex nodes I dont put point into Resolute Technique, and instead grab some accuracy/critical nodes.
Key nodes are: Blood Magic, Iron Grip, Unwavering Stance

Second, I want to use Dex support gem to their max potential
My ideal 6L item is (1)Molten Strike - (2)Life Leech/Life gain on hit - (3)Faster Attack - (4)Multistrike - (5)Multiple Projectile - (6)Point Blank/ Fire penetration/ Concentrated effect/ Increase physical damage(No AoF).

I'm considering between Point Blank and Concentrated Effect, I think it would be very cool to concentrate all your molten projectiles (7 with greater Multiple Projectile?) into 1 place and thus melt the bosses. Should I get both of their effect by putting my passive points all the way to Point Blank node? Should I leave AoF to free up 1 extra gem slot, and instead put gems like Melee Splash/ Empower (Using Melee splash now and it's so cool)

In overall how do you rate my build? Is it able to survive on cruel and merciless solo?

I will very much appreciate your recommendations
You see, I'm a little worry about not having enough HP. I'm planning on helping Oak in all difficulties
I think u will get one shotted by most monsters in merciless/maps :D

I would go for something like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_f-Mx-5tY5FEhVSz7OQ7jnycv7w68n6Ss8i9UScEEQXR2K_dNgIpVtZ7NpzAUcd-_Jbx5aAtheA3oZj_8CLG-igHcn6Onn5krvYFHfhRSZU2E2Q48n8vSIThTIq925-Lqh2qpc9lhGS4n7fxLbBaHGayqWfNOMuW99lVZ_sAaFvmIOJ2KkFWnhBo47DhX4nflMokEsxRNogDwHwJxFCBQRxiR
You're defensive options are limited with 2handed axe melee. Best and cheapest survivability is to stack life.

Here's a 72 pt "frame" that gets you to all the popular molten strike keystones and provides +176% life.

Thank you both very much

Seems like I should concentrate on life instead of armour then.

I see most guides in youtube they have about 4kish live, how many +% life is that? about 200? provided that your gear is normal?
You start off with 50 life and 12 life per level after. At level 65 you should have 818 life from levels alone (not including strength and bandit rewards). +176% life puts you at 2258 life.

To get to 4k you'll need around 631 more flat life from gear, levels, bandits or nodes.

You can reasonably shoot for level 80 without too much grinding. That will add another 180 life, putting you at 998. From there you'll only need 451 additional life. Since you plan on using a 2hander, you'll have 8 gear pieces that can potentially carry flat life; you will need an average of 56 life per piece. That's easy to do.

For frame of reference, I've got a 85 lvl char that only has 366 life from gear and 148% life from tree but still manages to hit 4k life. You shouldn't have any problem getting well over 4k life once you get half-way decent gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info