Windripper builds?

i only found one which was CoC but i really hate CoC builds way to much lag lol
You can play Ele Crit with Auras or low life with even more Auras

Mathil made a build, but they were more famous during ambush, but are still as good :)
ya i think thats basically the only two options.

upon building my current idea i came across an elemental bow which absolutely decimates things so i was also looking at windripper as a possible ele crit buid. it seems though you'd really need to go low life in order to take advantage of all the auras, since there would be a lot to utilize to boost your dmg
"
xMustard wrote:
ya i think thats basically the only two options.

upon building my current idea i came across an elemental bow which absolutely decimates things so i was also looking at windripper as a possible ele crit buid. it seems though you'd really need to go low life in order to take advantage of all the auras, since there would be a lot to utilize to boost your dmg

Lowlife D: i have money just no where near that amount :D

think ill just sell my windripper and do something else
Windripper was good back in the leagues it came out because it offered something that was either very rare at the time or nearly impossible ,

a highish dps high crit bow. This is back when getting a 300 dps harbinger bow as a 20 ex affair .

now that same 20 exa can buy you a 400 dps pure physical harbinger bow with 1.3 aps.

now you dont need to dick around with alternative ways to manage resource generation, just take mind drinker and all mana issues are solved.

so basically wind ripper is a kinda shit harbinger bow, the few things it had that were unique aren't unique .. or even all that rare anymore.

plus puncture is op.

and if you want to run a cast on crit build. you can easily get to 80% crit chance using a 1.6 aps wand with 10.5 crit chance by investing pure crit (ie non weapon specific crit) nodes

300 from the tree, 250 from easy power charges, and 150 from 2 gear slots will get you there

and that wand? i got mine for 2 chaos each. 2 chaos wand with option for sheild? vs 10 - 20 exalted bow?

math says it all.

sell it if you got it because it will be worthless sooner rather than later.
probably best to be honest, lol.

of course you don't have to go low life, but it would be optimized, since you can run more than twice the amount of auras
It's bullshit, windripper still is really powerful and you will clear maps faster, than phys builds, it's just no to fancy anymore
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
It's bullshit, windripper still is really powerful and you will clear maps faster, than phys builds, it's just no to fancy anymore

the major issue with it , is more mana management.

it is an elemental bow , which uses the now nerfed elemental auras , it does damage to be sure mostly because of the shock.

but again the main issue is that you need to dick around with mana issues,

either you have to take a resource managment gem or over compensate in the resource generation area .. like going EB.

there is a reason why this unique has dropped from 25 exalted orbs down to 8. that alone should tell you something.

as for it clearing faster. that is debatable, since all i had to do was switch out grace for wrath to get shocks back or one can use the dragons unique helm.

Like i said at the beginning at my post , the unique doesn't do anything particularly unique anymore, shock is not longer something limited to high aps bows using wrath and implicit lightning damage. , 9- 10% crit on a bow is no longer as important when any harbinger can get 8.5%

and high aps with bad access to leech is no longer worth the effort for a larger majority of builds.

it is still the same bow , nothing really changed it , but the alternatives to it got a hell of alot more accessible
Elemental crit split arrow:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1036800/page/1

I had extreme amounts of fun with it (Mali gloves, Rat's nest), slightly altered the tree though. Sadly ripped him at lvl 86 on 71 Piety map, stupid random triple lightning hits, even though you got spell evasion :(.

80% crit chance, 600% crit damage on split, 86% crit on elemental hit.

Mana is an issue, but with recharge on crit flasks it's just a routine to get into. Split arrow + chain + WED + life leech + inc crit damage... Never had a faster clearing build then that. I only ran Herald of Ice + Wrath. Was working on 6 linking to go blood magic as support gem and add Anger or Grace as auras.
I have a Level 91 Windripper Tornado Archer in Beyond and tbf, its the fastest clearing build i ever used.

Bosses? No Problem!
Mana? Blood Magic!
Damage? 29k Tornado DPS Tooltip with 9.1% Lifeleech and VP

I played a physical one before and the only thing i prefered about that was Puncture is OP =)
My Static Strike Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211370
Our Map Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977/page/1

Avoid: BKR, apinkpwny

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info