New animate guardian idea

Just throwing this randomly out there.

Wouldn't it be intresting to see some exclusive 'animate guardian' items?

//
Theese items could only be used by guardians, and will include - shitloads
of hp, auras (a certain aura and lvl of this aura gem bound to the specfic item),
Curses with the maximum of one curse per guardian.

The weapond the animate guardian uses has a certain skill linked to it that the
guardian will use as its primary attack.
//

As you might have guessed this thread is heavily improvised, and this thread
was created just to adress the absolute useless 'animate guardian' skill.

Feel free to just brainstorm some ideas in this thread that would be viable.
Last edited by PaaPaaHorse on Oct 22, 2014, 3:56:07 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Obviously you would need to put some restrictions on the number of auras that the guardian would be able to run. On the other side it would be fun to see some "animate guardian exclusive auras" from extremely rare drop "animate guardian items."

(English is not my primary language, so please excuse me for certain misspellings and flaws in grammar)
Last edited by PaaPaaHorse on Oct 23, 2014, 7:44:54 PM
"
PaaPaaHorse wrote:
Just throwing this randomly out there.

Wouldn't it be intresting to see some exclusive 'animate guardian' items?

//
Theese items could only be used by guardians, and will include - shitloads
of hp, auras (a certain aura and lvl of this aura gem bound to the specfic item),
Curses with the maximum of one curse per guardian.

The weapond the animate guardian uses has a certain skill linked to it that the
guardian will use as its primary attack.
//

As you might have guessed this thread is heavily improvised, and this thread
was created just to adress the absolute useless 'animate guardian' skill.

Feel free to just brainstorm some ideas in this thread that would be viable.

no .
I will admit that the animate guardian gem needs to be reworked because, from my experience, it isnt that great. I use it on my summoner as an extra tanky minion, but other than that, it doesnt seem to do much in terms of damage. The tooltip says it does extremely low dps. my wand is better than it. I know the items and what not do affect them. As for exclusive items, id say no.

But allow them to use gems? Sure.

Of course they would be restricted/less powerful, but it would give the guardian a little more flexibility/usefulness. Maybe allow skills like double strike, flicker, or other melee skills we already see on minions that CAN BE USED ON SPECTRES.

On GGG's part, this might take a little reworking to the gem, but as useless as this item is, it needs it. I would also like to see more detailed information or even a separate equipment screen for the guardian, similar to what D3 has for your follower. Something like that would be handy, too. It could show us updated dps, health, regen, es, etc, etc. and THIS screen is where you could set those gems for them to be used. Like one little white skill gem area to place whatever MELEE gem you want. No Links. No supporting skills. Nothing. Just the attack.

"
skaterboy80 wrote:
no .
Its called a suggestion page for a reason. Its just an idea. You could put up constructive points against his idea instead of just saying "no."

EDIT: The aura idea isnt bad, but they would have to find a way to make it balanced instead of having a tanky, aura wielding minion running around buffing your other minions while you lose no mana.
Last edited by HinokoKado on Oct 22, 2014, 7:02:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info