Crafting: Tyrannical Harbinger

Hey,

today i got a lucky alt-roll on my harbinger:

It's itemlevel 80.

I'm not quite sure what my next steps should be.
Would like to master-craft it so i thought about using a regal orb right away.

Selling it is not an option as this bow will be my project for the next weeks.

Would using an eternal orb at this stage make sense?
If i use a regal orb now, can i get a suffix, prefix or both?
What would the 2nd stat be to go for?

Thank you for your help! :)
- Ejay

Progression:
Spoiler

Try 1:

Try 2:

Try 3:

Try 4:

Try 5:

Try 6:

Try 7: Success! T1 Crit Chance

Last edited by Ejaykum on Nov 17, 2014, 6:29:16 AM
If you regal it you can hit suffix and prefix, the best stat you can get with a regal would be T1 flat phys.
I personally wouldn't eternal it since i would most likely run out of funds before i get lucky.
ideal result would be

prefix:
% phys (tyrranical)
flat phys
% phys/accuracy

suffix:
elreon multimod
crit chance
attack speed

so you basicaly want to regal one of the four good affixes

if you hit something else with your regal (which is much more likely than rolling good one) you have to decide if you sacrifice one of the mods or scour the item and start again

edit: on using eternal - Ive never used one so Im not an expert but in case you consider using it (which means you have enough currency and want all the above mods) and want to craft with masters, the "worth-it" question would be as follows:

Is an eternal orb cheaper than average Alterations needed to roll tyrranical (or T1 flat phys) (either alone or together with one of the two needed suffixes)?

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 21, 2014, 6:23:55 PM
Depends on how you want to craft it:

Self-use is best with master crafting

Mirror service is best done with other techniques:

1. Start with the vagan mod costing 5 blessed.

2. Eternal - regal, until you hit a t1 you can use (prefixes: flaring and emperor, suffixes: t1 ias, crit chance)

3. then, you have 2 mods from the bow and vagan mod. you can continue with eternal exalting now, until you have no slots open. From there, divine until all 3 prefixes are perfect or close to (as close as you want) then Haku on prefixes cant be changes (or tora, cant remember) and divine up so suffixes are as close to perfect as you want. Now you can remove that mod and eternal. Then you have 1 suffix left to craft, and its most of the times dependant on the player, what he wants there, but imo, crit multi is best.

or you master craft:

Regal and hope for a hit on prefix or just a random suffix, elreon it and craft it further.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Thank you for your awnsers!

"
Ludvator wrote:

Is an eternal orb cheaper than average Alterations needed to roll tyrranical (or T1 flat phys) (either alone or together with one of the two needed suffixes)?

Exactly what i thought. It took me about 400-500 Alternations to get this tyrannical mod.
That'd be about 1-2 Exalteds on Standard, which would be less than an Eternal.
Of course, i don't know if i was lucky and it normaly takes more alternations on average to get this mod alone.

Was just reading about how rare a tyrannical roll is, so i wondered if an Eternal Orb is an option. Being able to roll a Prefix or a Suffix is what i wasn't hoping for, hehe.

Wondering what that Granite flask recipe is that some people talk about. You can get a somewhat high flat phys. dmg tier with that. (?)

Not really going for a mirror-weapon. Just something for self-use, so master craft is the way to go. Will definitely take a while to get the orbs together but hey, it's worth it.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Ejaykum on Oct 22, 2014, 3:04:22 AM

i crafted this.. try to regal it not eternal... price for eternal must stop u.... good luck and post what u will get.. :x
"
Ejaykum wrote:
Wondering what that Granite flask recipe is that some people talk about. You can get a somewhat high flat phys. dmg tier with that. (?)

Weapon + Orb of Augmentation + Granite Flask = Weapon with + lowest tier flat phys mod
note: removes all other mods making it a 1 prefix magic regardless of the rarity it had before

If it already has a flat phys mod, the recipe will still remove all other mods but increase the flat phys by one tier. However, it is impossible to get the highest tier mod since the recipe is capped at tempered (T2) for obvious reasons.

For a more 'budget' approach to crafting, you can alt your weapon until you either get a) 1-2 great mods or b) a T3-4 flat phys. In case a) do as usual but in case b) use the granite recipe to improve the mod to tempered and regal it. If the regaled second mod is good (T1-2 %phys, crit chance or att speed), master craft it.
This method won't get you something mirror worthy but it can still get you a pretty gg weapon at a price of a handful of exalted in alterations, regals and master fee.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Last edited by vargorn on Oct 24, 2014, 9:31:53 AM
Thank you for your awnsers!

Gathering some currency before i continue to craft.
Will post the result of course. :)

Good to know about the granite flask recipe. ;)
Try Nr. 1:

I won't give up. :d
Success! :D

Got a T1 Crit chance roll with a regal orb. :)

Not sure if i should divine it. (?)

I'm happy. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info