Drop filter

Hi all!

The game is pretty much needs drop filter or something. Like to not show white items, blue items, items exept...

There were many times when I just couldnt pick the item I want, because not all items that dropped are shown on the screen, and to make the item I want to take visible on my screen I had to run a bit in any directon, but when I clicked on that item after that, I couldnt take it because I ran just too far away where this item was dropped.

Last time that happened when I wanted to pick a map, but couldnt.
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
yeah....they had a don't show white items filter way back, which they disabled because players had it permanently on and were missing out on maps,6s, 5/6l and chromatic items...they have just not gotten round to adding a new version of it, it's not really "high" priority but a quality of life change that has taken a back seat in favor of other stuff.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Hi all!
There were many times when I just couldnt pick the item I want, because not all items that dropped are shown on the screen, and to make the item I want to take visible on my screen I had to run a bit in any directon, but when I clicked on that item after that, I couldnt take it because I ran just too far away where this item was dropped.

Last time that happened when I wanted to pick a map, but couldnt.

if u press "z" it turns on and off items when you do that it re locates how the item location is worded and u can grab the item you couldnt before
It's a frequent request, but it would have to be HIGHLY customizable for it to be any use at all.
I always press a button to turn and off, i dont run with with perma showing items, it doesnt help too
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's a frequent request, but it would have to be HIGHLY customizable for it to be any use at all.

I don' tthink it would, really. When you play in Short Allocation parties with permanent loot display off, the "important" drops show up for a few seconds anyway. Whatever critieria this filter is using works for me. I just want those drops to NOT disappear after a few seconds.

BAM. Instant 100x improvement over the current system.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I don' tthink it would, really. When you play in Short Allocation parties with permanent loot display off, the "important" drops show up for a few seconds anyway. Whatever critieria this filter is using works for me. I just want those drops to NOT disappear after a few seconds.

Just because something "works for you" doesn't mean it would work for everyone. I have gone through many phases of loot gathering. I used to pick up every superior item for the 40% recipe. Now I don't. I have stopped picking up 4L blues, but at one time I wanted to check them out.

A 5S5L absolutely needs to show up, no matter what base it is.

There are plenty of items I would want to see that you might not.

We'd have to have pretty much 100% control over what we saw and didn't see for it to be at all useful... unless you happen to play exactly like the filter is designed for.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Just because something "works for you" doesn't mean it would work for everyone. I have gone through many phases of loot gathering. I used to pick up every superior item for the 40% recipe. Now I don't. I have stopped picking up 4L blues, but at one time I wanted to check them out.

A 5S5L absolutely needs to show up, no matter what base it is.

There are plenty of items I would want to see that you might not.

We'd have to have pretty much 100% control over what we saw and didn't see for it to be at all useful... unless you happen to play exactly like the filter is designed for.

I think you should go and play with the settings I outlined; I'm fairly positive that the things you are describing do in fact show up. Hell, there are items that display even though theres no logical reason for them to.

I realize that a customizeable filter would be optimal, and make everyone (including me!) happy. HOWEVER. I also realize that GGG is very picky about what QoL to implement, for reasons unknown. I'm guessing that it's more to do with the workload than anything.

I would also guess that the workload for what I described vs the workload to create and support a customizeable filter is worlds apart. I believe I have a quick fix that would satisfy a vast majority, and I think thats far better than the status quo.

Edit: I also want to clarify that this is #1 on my list for QoL updates. I would happily forgo any other content or QoL updates for a full year if I got even a primitive filter.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Oct 22, 2014, 2:17:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info