Unknown object type

Very often the game crashes with the message

"Unknown object type serialized by the server"

followed by a runtime error

Updated C, reinstalled both Steam and PoE, yet the error keeps happening. Any help?
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2016, 8:57:58 AM
Today managed to get back to the map where the crash happened. The object in question appeared to be an orb of regret.
bump

anyone out there?
Do you still experience this crash? Does it always happen with Orbs of Regret? I would recommend disabling any programs that use your network while you run Path of Exile, checking your Firewall/Antivirus programs are not interfering with Path of Exile's connectivity, and using a wireless connection to your router/modem.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
Yep, the crash still happens daily. Unfortunately I cannot tell you exactly which items cause the crash, since I tend to run item rich maps. The only reason the orb of regret stood out was because I didnt see it prior to the crash, but it was on the ground afterwards, so I can only assume it was the cause.

I will try to keep track of the items dropped when the freeze happens, and to follow your instructions regarding internet connection, however this has not been a problem since 2012, but has recently become one as of the latest expansion.

I updated my video and sound drivers, because some other thread said that fixed the crashing issues, but the problem continues, now wiath a different message

"Unable to deserialise packet with pid 15"

Also when that message comes up, I no longer get a runtime error, just the game crashing
That error message is often associated with network connectivity issues. Do you run a wireless connection to your modem/router? If so, I would recommend switching to a wired connection while you diagnose this, checking that your Firewall/Antivirus programs are not interfering with Path of Exile, and making sure there are no other programs running on your computer that use your network.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Nov 3, 2014, 11:26:00 PM
No, my computer is hard wired to the router. I will try disabling everything else and see if that helps.
It can also be am issue with bandwidth or how your router fragments packets (jumbo framing)
If the router is the issue, would I not have had problems prior to the latest expansion?

The setup I have has not changed in the last 2 years of playing this game, but the errors only started after Masters was released.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info