Ranger Bow Stun Build discussion

I'm wondering if it's possible to make a stun bow build. I know this build will NOT be a top tier build, it will most probably be slow as fuck, but it's just for science and fun.

I figured that you'll need 2 uniques to be optimal : Craghead (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Craghead) for stuns, and Lioneye's Glare to never miss and having decent DPS/Attack Speed. Of course, Lightning Coil would be very good for that build but I think it wouldn't be mandatory at all. So in the curent Beyond market, that's like 7.5 chaos for both the end-game quiver and bow (yes Lioneye's Glare is 7c-ish in Beyond...).

The tree that I came up with (playing HC) : https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037ven117g7nCv66o4oKmyP2-WN4602SjX0V8L3m_MUF-T7PZ6DdDZsmUUeHdluvLOno1jIBlQVKfU4qytMVIOd0shnZxgiJKaUZtCLiKk1tbM96MpSa8fqxR-I_J7VIpcs2PWHrfwJdaOpi0IFKyBa_44SdqnpTpuDKqd7GpDluqiaVwJxsjM2YtfJh4qc0vqepbjWSVUvSTXgNbEb-j9i9wA9Yr3JsTeM26DIJplc6UjGeMn4OPN6Wn8viQ7akmApirAYjAx4fQQ==

Iron Reflexes and Unwavering Stance since we can't evade our own reflected projectiles with Lioneye's Glare. Iron Grip since it's only one extra point and we have 140 Str without gear (so with a str amulet and some strength on gear that's around 20% IPD). Frenzy charges since we want to max out our attack speed. No need to get mana reservation and all that, I already played a 6L bower in the new meta and it's all good. 80-100 Mana on Lioneye's glare will help a lot and as soon as we get mana leech on gear we can respec Mind Drinker (giving us a few extra points to spend elsewhere).

I figured RoA with Quality Stun gem would be the best for this, but maybe Split Arrow with Pierce (and then some pierce nodes on the tree) may be better ? I don't know about that. Tornado Shot is I think a "no go" for this since we don't want to reduce the damage of our projectiles with LMP/GMP (we need to hit hard for stuns).

Any thoughts on this maybe-coming-shitty-build idea guys ? :)
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Oct 20, 2014, 8:03:51 AM
ROA - stun - conc effect - added fire - physical - weapon ele
point blank
hatred
herald of ash

Your aoe attack can be pretty much anything. You only need to stun single targets.
My duelist has ~80% reduced stun threshold. ~125% stun duration.
Not everything can be stunned though so probably want to be pretty tanky.
<3 Free Tibet <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info