Herald of Thunder!!!! YAY!!

Its basically exactly what I wanted. It affects spells and looks to be really powerful (probably even OP until GGG decides to nerf it along with the other heralds).

My only concern is all of that lightning shooting down from the sky is going to be too laggy and I might have to stop using it just for that reason. My build without this herald already kills monsters that are shocked very very quickly so I am imagining those shots coming down like crazy. My system just can't handle a ton of graphics like that. Its the same reason I don't play with my Mjolner build anymore.

Hopefully I am wrong and I love my build even more using this herald!
Standard Forever

Oh I am going to enjoy every moment of it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I wish spell echo worked with it though, or something. the lightning wasn't as frequent as the actual storm herald.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
I can tell you the build i will be rushing with this :O!

Storm call + vaal storm call + herald of thunder and ice.

Spec into AOE and crit and watch lightning storms decent on wreaclast.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
enveratise wrote:
I wish spell echo worked with it though, or something. the lightning wasn't as frequent as the actual storm herald.

No way, Jose. You don't actively cast it - nothing to echo.

I don't see much to exploit on it, or at least nothing in the league of proliferating herald of ash. The skill probably works the same as D2 thunderstorm, you get a buff that shoots a random enemy every X miliseconds. So, if it works similar to firestorm (and it most likely does), faster casting won't affect the frequency of strikes and increased duration won't really help because it looks like the buff refreshes with each shock kill, it doesn't stack like firestorm.

So, I don't really think it will be very popular, the skill requires killing an enemy, which is good if you got a lot of weak enemies to clear, but it works best if you got only one enemy on screen. See the contradiction?

The only situation where I see it performing well is fighting bosses that periodically summon mooks, you kill those and get a buff which then pounds the boss until next summoning. The target group just seems much smaller than for other two heralds.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 20, 2014, 7:02:58 AM
YES more laggy builds, cant wait to not play in party.
"
Goguser wrote:
YES more laggy builds, cant wait to not play in party.

this did they really give player storm herald as a selfbuff ?
storm herald itself drops the fps really hard

hmm k watched the video glad they changed the effect looks like thunderstorm from diablo 2
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Oct 20, 2014, 9:46:55 AM
"

Oh I am going to enjoy every moment of it.

LP is better than lvl 4 empower.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info