Haku mission with Lightning warp totems too hard

It's all in the title,

The totem mission boss that summons lightning totems in Haku missions is just way too brutal, even with capped resistances and topaz flasks, I only managed to kill him once without getting killed myself. I got this mission with various characters and none had any easier time with him.

I'm relatively new to the game, but I believe this boss was added with the latest patch, so maybe he could be nerfed a little (25% less dps should be ok, but still hard).

What do others think of this boss?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I am gonna be brutal here and say, he is optional content.

You need a pretty solid tanky char to handle some of these haku missions.

On the upside of this is that you can swap to another char if you desire to do the missions, so you can make that tanky char for these missions and swap to him to run them.

I know this isn't what you where looking for, sorry.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I know where you're going with that argument, but just because it's optional, it doesn't mean that it doesn't have to be balanced.

And as I said, I tried this mission with various chars, none of them could handle it even a little better than the others.
This is the problem with the content they keep adding.

If you can do a merc difficulty rift, you are probably falling asleep in the zone it spawned in. If you feel confident doing this Haku quest, you are probably 10-15 levels over where you should be.
Even worse... play HC. My Haku is level 5. You get zero rep for doing low level missions, and higher level missions will kill you. Not good.
"
bravemount wrote:
I know where you're going with that argument, but just because it's optional, it doesn't mean that it doesn't have to be balanced.

And as I said, I tried this mission with various chars, none of them could handle it even a little better than the others.

Well on the flip side, i have a char that runs all missions in 78 maps with over 120% difficulty, like vagan with the map mods is what i mean by this.

My char is build to survive those encounters, other chars i have cant.

So like i said, it's optional and you have to build around it if you wanna do them. These missions are supposed to provide a challenge both for your gameplay and for your theory-craft.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Massive passive tree, easily over 1000 unique nodes, only a select few viable builds.

Sounds like good design to me, what do you guys think?
"
Boem wrote:
I am gonna be brutal here and say, he is optional content.

You need a pretty solid tanky char to handle some of these haku missions.

On the upside of this is that you can swap to another char if you desire to do the missions, so you can make that tanky char for these missions and swap to him to run them.

I know this isn't what you where looking for, sorry.

Peace,

-Boem-

The problem with the "optional content" argument, is that its optional content the OP wants to do. The op feels he cannot do it because the content in his opinion is not balanced.

I do think think the Haku missions need to be re-looked at by the developers/qa testers. I dislike not doing content I want to do, but wont because it's just to dangerous.
Everything past normal Dominus is "optional content".
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
bravemount wrote:
It's all in the title,

The totem mission boss that summons lightning totems in Haku missions is just way too brutal, even with capped resistances and topaz flasks, I only managed to kill him once without getting killed myself. I got this mission with various characters and none had any easier time with him.

I'm relatively new to the game, but I believe this boss was added with the latest patch, so maybe he could be nerfed a little (25% less dps should be ok, but still hard).

What do others think of this boss?

Hard to believe. Why? Let me tell you.
I have level 59 Shadow with 2547 HP and 49% (final) lightning res.
527 armor, 1109 EVA, 0 spellblock,
movement modifier -1%, ArcticArmor only level 9;
unfinished incinerate (tooltip 1312 damage by 8 casts\sec) build (not "full-block" one, nor MoM)

Haku level is 6 (which means his missions are in Merc. areas, which is why i added "final" to res)

Flasks for Master's missions
Spoiler

Outrageous, aren't they?

NEVER died to that lightning totem (and SRS totem, Power Siphon totem, etc)

Oh yeah, for all of you, who will claim that i have godly items:
Spoiler

Another thread "i can't (out)play with\around X - NERF!!"

OP, can you share your equip and build with us? Well yeah, first is to judge you :D, but maybe we can help you optimize it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info