eternal/ex or buy mirror?

I have this sword. It's pretty good.

flat damage t1 - wonderful
hybrid damage t3 - good enough
crit chance t1 - wonderful
crit multi t5 - hey, at least I have crit multi... ;)
attackspeed t3 - good enough
...and the vagan mod.

This leads to 531 DpS with pretty sexy crit (for my build).

I know it is not perfect for Crafting purposes, but still...eventually I probably want to get an upgrade...
But there ain't no upgrades... there is this "empty space" between my sword and the mirrored ones with 800 DpS.
There's literally nothing in between for sale.

So I consider removing the vagan mod and buying some eternal/ex to get a better %physical damage roll onto it.

How much would it most likely cost to get at least t3 %damage on this sword?
How much does a mirror cost for comparison?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 19, 2014, 5:46:36 AM
bumpidibump.
According to chriskang's datamined affix spawn chances the rough estimate is 1/275 bloodthirsty, 1/550 cruel and 1/1100 tyrannical, so unless you get really lucky it's better to get a mirror.
IF the chances changed in the meantime, they've only changed for the worse.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Since the other affix slots are already filled, the chance should be a lot higher. However, it probably still rather low and you might have to use a lot of eternals/exalteds to get an upgrade. Still would probably be cheaper than getting a mirror.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
There's 11 prefix types, 2 of them I got already.
So is it like 1/9 and then about 1/2 chance to geht a high hier, making for a rough average of 18 eternal/ex...?
Probably even more... Gotta start saving up. ;)
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 19, 2014, 2:47:46 PM
i have a feeling theyre weighted against higher tiers, and they roll per tier not per mod. I may be wrong so anyone with the knows step in and correct what I am saying if it isn't right, but, as far as I know... For example there is 9 tiers of cold damage, theyre in there as separate possible rolls, you are less likely to roll cold damage at a level where there were 8 tiers, possibly, depending on how many other tiers of other affixes were added at the ilvl where the 9th tier of cold was added. So its not treating cold damage as one possibility then rolling for the tier after. So say theres 3 tiers of phys damage you want, thats 3 out of every tier of every other rollable prefix combined, and then weighted against those higher tiers making it probably multiple times harder than that again.

You hear people saying its best to roll x item at x lvl, like rolling a life chest at ilvl74 etc (half made up example), because the top tier of every affix you want is at that level and getting an ilevel 79 chest would actually making crafting harder by reducing your chances of getting what you want because theres more tiers of unwanted affixes like life regen.

So 1 in 18 might be a little optimistic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info