Switching Steam account login to regular login

I just installed the game through steam and logged in using my steam account. How ever I remembered that I had this account with a character of high level. So my question is can I disable the link between my Steam link account at login so I can use this account to play through steam? Thanks
There's two ways that we can arrange this for you.

If you'd like to keep the account that is with your Steam account, then you'll need to unlink this first. To do this, please log into your Steam account on the website and send a private message to our support account here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/private-messages/compose/to/Support

Please include your email address and we will add this to your account for you. Once the account is unlinked you can then safely link the account you're posting on now.

The second way:
If you don't mind losing the progress on your current Steam account, then you can simply link the account you're posting from now, and overwrite the account that's currently with Steam.

To do this, please go to My Account, Manage Account, Steam and follow the instructions here. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info