Noob at level 50 having trouble surviving....

So I hit level 50 a day or so ago and I'm noticing that I'm not surviving near as long as I used to. Before I used to just leap strike into a pack and burn them down with molten strike, but lately I've been frantically chugging potions and running around. My resists are all capped, so what's going on?

What should my Armor and Life be at around now? Here are my stats.

What am I doing wrong? Again, I'm a complete noob.

Thanks
maybe you should rethink that "jump into the biggest pack and tank everything" themed playstyle:

defense mechanisms in this game are life, resists, armour, evasion.
secondary defense mechanisms are block, spell block, arctic armour, mind over matter (=mana shield), lightning coil etc.

your resists are ok, your armour is a little low for level 50, if you ask me. But your life is really low for level 50, if you ask me. Your evasion doesn't count.

your secondary defenses are probably nonexistent.

you have trouble surviving because your life is kinda low and life is more or less the only defense mechanism that you reliably have.

What I noticed, too: You don't have ANY int or dex. Look at several Molten Strike guides, you NEED some dex and int for curses, auras and support gems. you seem to have no curses, no auras and only red support gems, which isn't gonna work in the long run.

Last edited by Kiedel on Oct 19, 2014, 6:30:34 AM
you have no increased crit chance / crit damage and low accuracy, with your low attack speed you might want to grab resolute technique.
from your screenshot you seem to only use 1 or 2 support gems, try to get a cheap 5 link chest or at least a 4-link item.
link your molten strike or ground slam with life leech or life gain on hit.

also, can you please link your passive tree?
(on top of page click on your marauder picture -> passive tree, just copy & paste the url of your passive tree then)
you hp is way too low. so is Your dmg.

At lvl 50 you should have between 2k-2,5k.

Since i can't see Your gear or you skill tree i can not identify why you dmg is as low as it is. It is probably you gems and maybe Your weapon. When using a Phys-dmg character the weapon is important too Upgrade.

and i would recommende you too buy a cheap 5link armoure chest..

also i see Your using the Vitaliy aura. The most useless aura in the game. Unless Your RF.
You should swapp vitality for Hatred aura if Your doing physical dmg..

also you should do some Reading what gems you should link With Your active skills..
the forum is full of guides.

I hope this helps you out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info