What do you think about damage from blue mobs in maps?

No damage mods, but there was vulnerability curse, blue "colossal vaal fallen" with no damage mod in lv77 map: 3300 dmg normal hit.

What are your thoughts? Is this reasonable?

Keep in mind that block has no entropy so it is perfectly possible to fail 10 blocks in a row with 75% block chance. Two such mobs hitting you once each == you are dead :).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Yeah It's fine I don't think you're suppose to get hit in the first place facing those ''BIG'' mobs but that's obviously hard to do as melee hm?

Shit the fucking uber aztiri little ones will 1 hit you lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Yeah It's fine I don't think you're suppose to get hit in the first place facing those ''BIG'' mobs but that's obviously hard to do as melee hm?

Shit the fucking uber aztiri little ones will 1 hit you lol

If block got entropy the problem would be solved. There is no problem is open areas as melee, the issue is in corridors and other narrow areas where such "big" normal mobs may desynch next to you XD.
If you can take 1 hit of them, it's perfectly fine imo.

However crit posses a problem with balancing i imagine for melee. I lost 4200hp from a bone stalker skeleton with crit, that's a big chuck of hp. But i figure your suppose to take them out one by one as melee.
(i know, yet another melee goes W00p issue)

Peace,

-Boem-

(also your not giving a lot of info, i lost that 4200 in a palace map with 402 armor 4% reduction, so i think that's reasonable :p)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

I am starting to think that the only melee that is viable is believe I_NO liked: flicker strike due to killing them so quickly while having great clear speed.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

I am starting to think that the only melee that is viable is believe I_NO liked: flicker strike due to killing them so quickly while having great clear speed.

I have a melee char but It's VERY VERY rare for me to be hit haha so It's not an issue

aka

plus they die in a heartbeat sooo =X
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
A lot of melee is "viable", it's when you start considering overall balance that stuff gets weird.

xp/hour and farm/hour both plummet once you go melee.

Also frustration goes up if your actually melee. (no aoe/projectile hits i mean)
Because of the dead horse obviously.

Another thing to consider is the supposedly "defense increase" melee's should posses, but because of the FFA passive tree and gear, that concept was already aborted in its infancy.

Peace,

-Boem-

(i play almost exclusively melee, but i am also aware i am gimping myself by doing so, both in market value and in ladder position)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
When playing a "stock" melee character ( witch i offten do ) i find the big deal is positioning. If you know whats comeing and can prepare for it ususaly you are fine. Desync can be a bit more of a problem sure but also countered by positioning and not running around like a chiken with his head cut off .

I do have to agree with Boem however in the fact that melee SHOULD be more tanky then any range/spellcaster however the way the tree works that's almost imposible. In fact it's much eayser to get more tank on a character as a spellcaster than melee since the way the skills scale , less gear stats needed + more passives to survivability less to DPS.

I mean if you grab all the life and tank nodes then go play with heavey strike your DPS is so-so , now go do the same thing and play as burning discharge , the diffrence in DPS is night and day with the same passives. It's a problem , however i can not see a fix to it unless thares some kind of flat buff to a character if he has no range skill gem equiped , and that dose not sound viable to do IMO.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info