List of beginner build guides?

Hi all. Currently just started to play this game. I created an account some time back but never gave the game a chance. I must say I am ashamed of that. This game is amazing. I feel like it is the successor to Diablo II. Enough about that.

Right now I am playing a Dual Fire Totem Scion. It is a lot of fun.

I am going to be starting a new character because my friend is going to start playing with me shortly. I am wondering, can you guys provide me with a list of beginner friendly builds that do not require many riches?

Would be interested in all play styles so we have some things to choose from.

Thank you.
49 views and not one suggestion!

That flame totem build is probably the strongest build out there for beginners who have close to zero currencies. Other than that, any other builds all have limitations if you want something around your flame totem price. To long time players like us, 2 exalts is considered cheap but I realized you might not even have that.

However if you do consider 2 exalts cheap for you, there is really one whole list of builds that we can suggest for you. (In fact I think that is the reason why most people are unsure whether to provide you with any information or not because you might not be able to afford anything)
Deadpeng, thank you for the information. I currently do not have even a Chaos orb. I am looking for some builds that I can play mostly from vendored items and self found.

Thank you.

Also, I have almost a full inventory page saved of gems.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1067332

I haven't quite finished this guide yet, but it's 99% there already, just some random info on trivial stuff Im going to add to a few of the sections before I properly title the thread and bump it.

It's a guide for a self found viable dual wield melee duelist, I leveled this build to 80 in Beyond solo, self found from nothing, it's still alive over there. I then did it again in regular Hardcore from a stash that was empty aside for a Goldrim and a page of gems in order to collect leveling info for the guide, so I know it works. The guide is extensive, not really designed for taking in all in 1 pop maybe but the info is there to get started and hopefully the majority of what you need to know along the way can be found by digging through the sections as they become relevant. Feel free to post any questions in the thread if you decide to give it a go though.

The same principal can be applied to bow builds, the very last spoiler at the bottom has a lvl84 ranger tree that can be leveled in the same manner.
New player... poor player...

1. Don't go melee
2. Don't go ES/CI, low life builds.

Other than that...

1. Flame totems.
2. Fire trap.
3. Flameblast.
4. Something with bow.
5. Wander you can't go wrong either.

Cheap and safe. Viable.

For 3, 4 and 5 get Decoy totem with you !

Invest more in survivability !
And by "more" i mean 70-80% of your skill points in HP/armor/block/res etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info