Daily Quest Reset Timer

I realize its something small, but for those of us who don't keep track or don't know server time versus our local time it would just make things easier to know it so we can plan to be online when it resets.

Like some people had suggested in the past in other places online, maybe something like a mouse-over tool-tip, or a separate HUD item that displays no matter what character you are on.

Sorry if this has been suggested on here before but i did search for a thread of this.
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2016, 7:58:02 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Dailies reset at Midnight UTC

Check time converter site for "what time is it" for you.

Or you can put additional clock in windows taskbar http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/add-additional-time-zone-clocks-windows/
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
5pm Pacific. Dunno what will happen when the time changes.
dont know if this is possible but daily reset time should be bound to the gateway you play on

for example my daylies reset at 2am which sucks hard
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
ventiman wrote:
dont know if this is possible but daily reset time should be bound to the gateway you play on

for example my daylies reset at 2am which sucks hard

It had been discussed already in another interesting thread.
What's the difference about "when is the time X"?
You still got 24 hrs like everyone else (we all have the same time, you know)
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

Or you can put additional clock in windows taskbar http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/add-additional-time-zone-clocks-windows/

Your missing the point of this post entirely. I'm suggesting a quality of life improvement so we don't have to do that. It should be in game.
They reset at the same time each day anyway, which is 0 UTC, is a timer really necessary?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice, but this sort of seems like a really tiny quality of life thing, and depending on how the game is coded, might be a pain in the ass to implement, when other things that would be a lot bigger QoL improvements could be made, or even more content.
Last edited by j33bus on Oct 20, 2014, 12:31:20 PM
"
Tarngold wrote:
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

Your missing the point of this post entirely. I'm suggesting a quality of life improvement so we don't have to do that. It should be in game.

Am i?
You're missing 1 thing: dailies reset once a day at the same time.
Doesn't matter if you live in GMT+6 or GMT-8. It's still on Midnight UTC.
You need to check "what time is it for me?" once and just know that it's (for example) 5am for you.

Why do you need a timer in game for this simple knowledge? It's 1-time check.
Or is it hard to remember that it happens everyday at certain time?
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Oct 20, 2014, 1:49:53 PM
Not to judge, but I simply don't get why the reset time is an issue for some people. 24 hours is 24 hours regardless of when the clock starts.

Perhaps I'm just an oddity, but I have no problem getting my daily missions in without paying any attention to the reset time. I generally get out of bed 2 1/2 hours or so before I have to be at work. I use this time to nurse a cup of coffee and generally dick around online while the wife is sleeping. With the implementation of daily master missions, I just use that "dicking around" time to run those each morning.

I do understand full well that not everyone is as set in a routine as I, but doing these daily missions just doesn't seem like it is made any more difficult or cumbersome by the reset time in my view. Unless, of course, you're simply trying to get 2 rounds of dailies in a single session.

* - I don't do rotations, however. I can see the time being a concern if that's when it is easiest to find a rotation to get into (for those who do them).
a

Invisible Letters. . . Wtf
Last edited by Aerinx on Nov 19, 2016, 7:59:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info