Respec for the upcoming Patch?

Hey guys, are we getting a respec for the upcoming patch? I just joined recently so idk how they handle respecs. (every patch or only on major changes?)
I really hope we'll get a respec before the league ends. Don't think this patch will change anything to warrant it though.
yes
Tuesday's? Nope.

We'll likely see the next global one with 1.3 or 1.4.
There's only a global passive skill reset when the skill tree changes substantially. Generally they don't change your player's passives unless they re-envision the whole tree.

If there are minor changes, they offer the respec (full skill refund) to those who were affected, any time there is a full respec available, the option goes away after a skill point is allocated, so you can't keep the respec button forever.
Last edited by ionface on Oct 17, 2014, 10:00:03 AM
we will get a full respec at 1.3 December
due to the change of the skill tree
Last edited by GodKas on Oct 17, 2014, 11:34:06 AM
"
sekaino1 wrote:
Hey guys, are we getting a respec for the upcoming patch? I just joined recently so idk how they handle respecs. (every patch or only on major changes?)

Afaik, it used to be a full respec at each major expansion and/or changes to the skill tree, but from reading how the next full respec will be available in patch 1.3 i'm thinking they either changed that philosophy or that the patch will bring some notable changes to some skills, game content or skill tree.
Chris stated in one of the podcasts that we will receive an optional passive respec at the start of every new league, regardless of any tree changes.

When the tree changes and it affects you, that is when you are forced to respec.

We will get one every three months (or however long challenge leagues are at the time), and I LOVE this.

Obviously they can choose to give us ones at any other time as well, but you can at least count on one at the start of every new league.
Last edited by whoismiked on Oct 17, 2014, 11:02:58 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Tuesday's? Nope.

We'll likely see the next global one with 1.3 or 1.4.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087970/filter-account-type/staff#p9150033
"
Chris wrote:
"
Will passive trees be reseted?

In 1.3.0, yes.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info