Sets

Still a somewhat "medium average hot" topic,
why is this ?

I would assume its because of them having to be strong once the set is completed, and "people" having good memories about rocking the content(for the sets predefined duration) with these sets.
Completely neglecting the troubles of having to find all pieces
and that they sometimes didn´t even want to get all setbonis because the later bonis sucked.
A nightmare to balance around.

And yet there is always someone crying for adding them.

What would happen if we reverse the "Sets", turning them inside out, flipping the flavour.
Putting all Stats/bonis on one item, lets call it a unique-set-item.

For example/theoretical numbers:
Chains of Incubation
-chainbelt-
+20 IIQ from having "Blood Raiment" equipped
+50 IIR from "Steel Greaves"
+Cullingstrike from "Steel Gauntlets"
+30% Evasion from "Steel Circlet"
+100 Physicalweapondmg from "Steel Kite Shield"
+20% SpellBlock from rare "Midnight Blade"

Wouldn´t it still feel similar to a set in attempting to equip other predefined fixed items,
Wouldn´t it fix the problem of not finding the last setpiece because its all in one.
Isn´t it easier to nerf when all is on one item ?
Isn´t it easier to detect a static "do you have it equipped" than a often changing "is the character burning" ?
I guess the only "rule" for those mods would be: preferably linked with lowlevel itempieces,
as they can grow stronger than the former sets if not locked to "rare" Midnight blades.

Maybe we, as a community, just have to feed them with tasty ideas ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Well i loved the green items in Diablo 2, just sad they weren´t that powerful(or maybee they were). I would like too see something similiar here in PoE... remember someone talking about "mythical items" in the forum, a idea i liked.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious, but I am, so that's the way it comes out...
Last edited by Kentan_ on Oct 16, 2014, 7:31:16 AM
mythical in the sense of hellgate londons "red"/"mythical" items ?
200times rarer than uniques, never in reach for casuals and only found in the Realmoney bothouses ?
Would say: Already implemented in the form of CoE/Shavs/Acuaty ...
They just lack the fitting colour.

So much to their promise to not include another category of items.
Still leaves the "Set" category missing.

I´m not even sure if mods like these can be called "Set"´s,
maybe calling em that way wasn´t the best decision
as every mentioning of these 3 lettercombinations gets shotgunned down by a simple "No." without consideration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Never heard about hellgate, but naah items as acuity and shavs are good enough, items better and rarer then those would just be bad.
Here´s the link do the mythical item thread
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/617824

The set category sounds nice... low level uniqe items that get puffed up when you reach a higher lvl where you can equip an extra uniqe item that affects the old one also, making the old one balanced for the current lvl of the new uniqe equiped.
But i would like them to not be uniqes, rather a new item type... purple, or some magic colour. Wouldnt destroy the game, just add somethuing fun and exciting i think
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious, but I am, so that's the way it comes out...
Last edited by Kentan_ on Oct 16, 2014, 4:06:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info