[1.2] Conan Reborn (2h Sword Cyclone, 60k+ tooltip with "normal gear", 5L, no Abyssus)

Yes, the Atziri boots are great, I'll include them in the list.
Daresso's Defiance is nice, but I'd probably prefer a rare.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Added:

Character Screen / Gear /Tree (Level 87)
Spoiler

Current Tree
I removed one of the 20% health clusters to reach Amplify and Deft Blade quicker. Sitting "only" on +175% life that way, but it feels fine. I rarely die, and most of my deaths are my own fault.
The next 3 levels will offer one of these:
+3 life nodes
+50% crit, 25% crit multi
"Dynamo" again, so I can easily support a 6L.

Gear

I bought the cheapest "at least still a bit useful" 6L I could find.
Currently I'm using "increased critical strikes" as 6th gem as it has a very low mana multiplier and still gives me around 8k DpS.
I'm planning on using "increased AoE" instead one day (can't support it yet)
I also tried to 6L my sword, didn't make it, but I got another 5L at least (I don't really care if it's 4L or 5L, the blind gem isn't too important).

Stats

Most of the DpS gain compared to the Lvl80 screen comes from the last 7 passives (most of them were damage) and gem levels.
With 3 power charges, I gain another 10k DpS.

---

At the moment, I'm wondering what kind of 6L I should buy.

*a sexy rare
*Belly for ~500 life
*Carcass Jack for AoE and damage
*Lightning Coil, but I'll have to do some minor item swaps then to have 75% lightning resist.

Ideas?
Id use a lightning coil i think it offers the best damage mitigation from those options, unless you can get your hands on some 2k eva rare
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 21, 2014, 5:40:55 AM
My friends told me the same. Here we go.
Bought some sexy stuff. Now it's not a "normal gear" build anymore, I fear, but hey, let's go! ;)

I have only 75% lightning resist, but that's still 30% physical damage reduction.
I think I'm actually starting to get more tanky than your 7k health Marauder with my Acro and LC... ;)
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 22, 2014, 5:12:03 AM
Im indifferent to your build, granted im ONLY lvl 62 atm.

My main gripe with it is that the defense is quite crappy. I do run grace and get abt 45% evasion. I am yet to take the Dodge nodes but i fear the only reasonable remedy for defense would be a lightning coil.
A 5L lightning coil is cheap at 2ex but we all know this build shines with a 6L(20+ex).

The other issue is mana. if i missclick i dont have mana to attack and either have to pop a mana flask or wait for the terribly slow mana regen to take effect. by that time im a sitting duck and lose HP fast, since lack of defenses. Othertimes, when in a party, i would attack something but another player would have killed my target, then im out of mana again. The mana upkeep is great when im attacking a bunch of mobs dont get me wrong, however, the routine application of it in the grand scheme of things becomes frustrating and feels sketchy at best.

I would really like to make this build work but it is testing my patience to the max.
my gear and current tree listed below:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMFtQYgBqIQ8BK8FE0VIBb5F9waOCP2J-0qCypNLOkwfDH7Mok1kjY9PC09_D8nSshNklFHVvpX4lhjWfNfP2KsZ5tsjG1sbqpwUnSgd9d3438rf-ODOIg4jM-NfY2_kFWbWJ2AnYqdqqIAp4SpaKyqrj6vorTFtUi18rc-wBrC7MT2xq7G2NaK2L3dDeRR7DjvfPJa8-r2SPzF_go=

Would love some feedback.
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:

My main gripe with it is that the defense is quite crappy. I do run grace and get abt 45% evasion.

Wearing Tabula doesn't help.
Not having Acro doesn't help.

I was completly fine with just Dodge and 5k life.
The Evasion Rating doesn't matter too much. In fact it doesn't matter at all.
Add in LC and IC and Vaal Grace, and this is tanky like a freaking Aegis Aurora build.

But you have none of my lines of defense.
How do you expect it to work?

"

The other issue is mana.

You have neither taken some of the suggested mana nodes (they can be dropped later like I did), nor do you have flat mana/regen on your gear.
Of course it doesn't work like this.
The tree I have now looks nothing like the tree I used back then, because I had a lower mana pool back then, I used "Dynamo" cluster and a +30 int node.
Later, I was able to drop this.

About Group play:
Leap Slam solves all issues that occur when being mana drained by "monster already dead".
Just jump into another pack, this will refill mana, start cycloning again.
But yes, this build plays more fluid in a solo environment.

Your sword needs a crit roll.
Your life leech gem should be dropped.
Where's your Immortal Call setup?
Where's Vaal Grace?

Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 27, 2014, 1:24:04 AM
Do i need to replace my sword or can i make it work? Does the Sword absolutely need crit chance on it?

I dont have the currency for a 6L lightning coil. My motto is, if i cant afford a proper 6L then I look for a cheaper solution. 6L Lightning coil would be nice though.

i can get vaal grace and IC setup later but i figured since im not mapping yet i still shouldnt be wrecked this bad.

i will progress with the build and let u know how things go at early map level (75 ish) when i have all prerequisites.

props for trying a non-standard 2 hander build, the DPS (tool-tip anyway) is nice, and the defences are about as good as you could expect for a 2-hander based build.

two issues I had with it:
-choice of using cyclone, your damage must be awfully inconsistent; your damage must fluctuate between either really good or kind of meh, that would drive me crazy :)
Not really your fault, just the way GGG designed the skill, I really hope they change it in future.

-without the arena-master passive and using conc effect, the AoE area of the cyclone must be pretty awful.

Forgot to add - you could probably scale up your damage really nicely with a Ming's Heart, though it does mean dropping quite a bit of life.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Last edited by Zeekin on Oct 27, 2014, 2:25:34 AM
I don't know mate, cyclone damage is pretty crazy. Cyclone by its very nature clear faster than any other melee skill except for maybe crit dagger reave/flicker.I switch between cyclone and cleave a lot and it's clear that cyclone is better.

Thing is, you have to learn to be able to use cyclone effectively. When you first start, even with 100k tooltip your damage output will suck. As you get more practiced then clear speed will skyrocket.

With 60k tooltip dps you can faceroll everything. AoE also isn't too much of an issue since you move through mobs as you attack and one shot them.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
Do i need to replace my sword or can i make it work? Does the Sword absolutely need crit chance on it?

No, not absolutely, but you are giving away a lot of damage.
Global Crit Chance scales off of the local crit chance, and going from 5% to 7% will lead to an overall damage increase of about +30-40%.

I could offer my old sword quite cheap, though the DpS is probably too low for you:
Spoiler

"

I dont have the currency for a 6L lightning coil. My motto is, if i cant afford a proper 6L then I look for a cheaper solution. 6L Lightning coil would be nice though.

My motto is: use a 5L until you can afford a good 6L.
You're giving away so much with Tabula, just for a 6th gem (and this 6th gem - life leech - is awful).

"

i can get vaal grace and IC setup later but i figured since im not mapping yet i still shouldnt be wrecked this bad.

You're getting wrecked because you "spread your build too thin".
You have already done all the "pathing", but left so much good stuff along the way, first and foremost: acrobatics and the stuff to solve mana issues.

---

"
Zeekin wrote:
props for trying a non-standard 2 hander build, the DPS (tool-tip anyway) is nice, and the defences are about as good as you could expect for a 2-hander based build.

I guess the only way to make it more tanky is: more life nodes, up to ~250%.
But that's not really required, I think. ;)

"

-choice of using cyclone, your damage must be awfully inconsistent; your damage must fluctuate between either really good or kind of meh, that would drive me crazy :)

It's the other way around.
I have very good killspeed without crits, and once I crit, I have excellent killspeed.
Also; keep in mind that power charges and assassins mark drive crit chance to about 60%, so I usually crit more than I dont crit.
And I use Cyclone mostly for short spins, they usually last about as long as a multistrike-attack with another skill, so there won't be long "non crit" times.

"

-without the arena-master passive and using conc effect, the AoE area of the cyclone must be pretty awful.

20% Cyclone + Amplify nullify the drawback of conc effect (1.32*0.7 =~1).
It's not "screenfilling", but that is not required.
And Conc Effect is a "swap gem", in content <lvl75, I use item rarity or increased AoE instead.

"Killspeed vs Clearspeed":
You sometimes have to do a bit of "backtracking" in fights, because monsters walk out of the AoE and you have to move to finish them off, but that happens with pretty much any melee attack.
Moving Monsters are annyoing, can't they all stand still? ;)
It's not a Ranged (or pseudoranged like Groundslam) build, so this is an issue that cannot really be solved.

"

Forgot to add - you could probably scale up your damage really nicely with a Ming's Heart, though it does mean dropping quite a bit of life.

Yes, I know, but I'd have a bit of resist issues then, like in "look at my jewelry and make the resists of both rings appear on one ring".
Or I'd have to drop Lightning coil, or my wonderful helmet/amulet... No...
I'll maybe buy one of those "let your testicles grow" Atziri flasks and a Vaal Haste gem to provide a "bigger dps number" screenshot. Though... why exactly should I do this again? ;)

---

And:
"
Etherfire wrote:

With 60k tooltip dps you can faceroll everything. AoE also isn't too much of an issue since you move through mobs as you attack and one shot them.

This.
First: 60k tooltip on Cyclone is insanely high damage.
You cannot compare this to a "normal" attack skill.
If it helps: some people say "double the number", but I guess that's not accurate.
It's a "Mysterious Skill", nobody really knows how much it does, but it's a lot. ;)

Even my "non-crit tooltip DpS" (Cyclone series without Crit) of 20.000* (that is roughly the maximum you can ever dream of on a Soultaker-Aegis Cycloner) is enough to murder mobs and bosses in Lvl78 maps.

My "crit tooltip DpS" (Cyclone series with crit) of 120.000* just melts everything. It almost oneshoots most Bosses.

---

*: Rough damage calculation:
"Hit nothing" + "chance for non crit" + "6x multi * crit chance" = "tooltip"
-> 0.1*0*x + 0.5*x + 0.4*6*x = 60.000
-> x = 20.000 DpS on non-crit attacks, 120.000 DpS on crit attacks
(excluding curse and power charges)

Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 27, 2014, 3:58:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info