( Theory Crafting Need Help ) Stave Crit Stunner

Not gonna do Mortal Conviction anymore, because I believe in 2 months its gonna get nerfed or fixed whatever it's called.

IGN: Enefeaa
Last edited by Shaenando on Oct 19, 2014, 6:18:48 PM
Personally I think you're packing way too much stuff on one character - no need for 6l or spending all your passives pathing to auras, it's relatively trivial to stun white mobs on a 3k dps default attack. What's important are stun duration and stun threshold duration clusters, which will only be found on your belt if you choose to use a Hegemony's Era instead of a rare weapon.

From personal experience, maces are also preferable over staves because of the implicit stun duration. That cluster near RT is amazing for the purposes of stunning. Speaking of which, you won't be able to hit anything with crit with only 40% accuracy, and consistency is the key to perm stunning. Go RT, grab stun duration, max out stun threshold reduction.

Also, your tree is missing life and es. Not sure how you plan on levelling it really.
I already did a build before, had around 159% Reduced Stun Threshold with AXN's Mace which has 15% Reduced on it + I had 15% reduced on belt also and max level Stun & Endurance on Stun Gem.

my only problem with it was it's clear speed wasn't really amazing.

yea I can stunlock every boss but it's clear speed sucks.

yeah I know that the tree needs optimizing but ill do that a bit later once I clearly state what I want on the build

you don't really need max Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold to stun. and im hoping that crit would fill the gap since im using a Stave instead of a mace

I know the Cons of Using a Stave instead of a mace
Hegemony's Era doesn't really have like 350 Base Damage
A very good mace can get up to 400 Base Damage up to 520 ( Axn's Mace is 517 Base Damage )
thats a huge difference but im really hoping that crit would do the trick

err im using mortal conviction so Life Nodes is not needed, i just need ES Nodes
Last edited by Shaenando on Oct 16, 2014, 1:14:22 AM
"
err im using mortal conviction so Life Nodes is not needed, i just need ES Nodes

What? U use mortal conviction and u don't need life? they are total different things and that mortal conviction with 60% "LESS" mana reserved is not that great trust me i tryed it, its less mana reserved.
"
christian0091 wrote:
"

What? U use mortal conviction and u don't need life? they are total different things and that mortal conviction with 60% "LESS" mana reserved is not that great trust me i tryed it, its less mana reserved.

can you explain to me why i need health nodes? there must be some information i dont know

cause im gonna do low-life stunner :|

also by going mortal conviction you can probably use like i dunno 7-10 aura's

and also by taking life nodes Blood Rage would suck since more life = more chaos damage on you, well i don't think i can use it anyways since aura's took all spots unless i use unset ring
Last edited by Shaenando on Oct 16, 2014, 7:18:50 PM
The Mortal Conviction Build Guide ( Not gonna do this anymore just posting for information )

(I still don't have Hegemony's Era, but I will start leveling my character)

Aura's

Skill Tree
GamePlay

Use Flicker Strike to clear mobs or to get near Monsters quickly
Heavy Strike to Stun Bosses ( since were aiming for a high base Damage character overkill from Ash + Ice would be amazing )

What I'm Aiming for is a Stun Every Monster you see Build :) need some help on optimizing skill tree

I need a really high base damage to stun monsters, which means multistrike would suck on my heavy strike cause it divides my base damage to 3 attacks | even if you get more damage your base damage sucks | and I forgot to mention were going low-life with this build

basing my thinking on that I took all attack aura's to get more base damage for Heavy Strike
Since its impossible to get 150 Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold on a base I need a higher base attack than my previous build, but I'm hoping that Crit can fix that problem

Items would be
my weapon would be Hegemony's Era
Link
Stun - Heavy Strike - Endurance Charge on stun - Added Fire - Crit Multiplier - Unknown

Shavronne's Wrappings
Link
Flicker Strike - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Crit Multiplier - unknown - unknown

Atziri's Acuity
Link
Reduced mana - Haste - Herald of Ash - Herald of Thunder?

Rare Es Boots or +1 Rainbow for a good 21 wrath + anger
Reduced mana - Wrath - Anger - Herald of Ice

Crown of Eyes | or Rare ES Helm
Reduced mana - Discipline - Hatred - Purity of Elements

if this build works these would be the Pro's & Cons
Pro's & Cons
Pro's:
Stunlock every boss in-game except Atziri
Stun or Freeze - everytime you Crit :)
Good Build for Masters
One of the Few Stun Builds out there :)

Cons:
Squishy cause were not taking any defensive node lol
your only defense is your Stun & Freeze atm
expensive build :(
Your a melee :(

I need help cause im planning on using Blood Magic Mortal Conviction and I never used it :)

Problems that might arise:
Not Sure if i can perma-spam Heavy Strike cause of low attack speed with out multistrike
Flicker Strike might also be un-spammable way too fast. leech might not keep up
not entirely sure if we can stunlock everyboss yet | of course atziri is impossible
these problems can be solved if we use Health Pots
===========================================================================

I did a pure phys 2H Mace Stunner before 1.1.0 lol
I had 150+ Reduced Stun Threshold
I Stun pretty much every monster in game
including 78 Dom | Maegara | Library boss on 77 map
that was fun but i got bored of it cause there wasn't any challenge so yea I changed build after 1.1.0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info